www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Want to be cool?

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 5 Replies |
  • 4 Followers
  • This is the perfect guide for that person new to Xbox Live and doesn't really know how to approach meeting new people. Also, this is perfect for a person not new to Xbox Live and just needs an Xbox Live Make-Over. So, first things first..

• Your Gamer Tag doesn't really matter; you can be a really social person on Xbox and have the Gamer Tag "00" so no worries there. But you do need to have some Gamerscore before you even try to make some friends. I'd at least get 1,000 so people think you know a little about what you're doing. Which is easy if you play campaign in one or two games.

• Next step is having a cool profile, pick your picture, I guess the new cool thing is to have your avatar as your gamer picture. Next is your name, DO NOT put your gamer tag in your name section. Just simply put your name, no matter how embarrassing. Sometimes, people want to know whom they are playing with, so make it easy. Next is your location, obviously put your location. Plain. And. Simple. Don't do the "behind you" or "looking in your window" thing, that's just creepy. Now the bio is the most important part, you can tell a lot about a person from their bio. For example 1. How literate the person is. 2. What kind of person they are. 3. How desperate they are (Guys and Girls). And, 4. What they feel important enough to put in their bio, you obviously learn. Most losers on Xbox have a bio going something like this: "Hi im ** I luv 2 plai xbx i mostlee plai mw3 im so gud I dar u 2 plai wit me ill beet u butt reely i liek makeing frends so hmu" Okay maybe I exaggerated a little bit but I've seen so many people with bios like that. Really what they need to say is "Hi, I'm very illiterate and want to make friends, I suck really bad at MW3, so come beat me." So, new people new to Xbox, I beg you, make sure you spell things right in your bio; it's really annoying and makes you seem like a loser. A good bio is short and simple, maybe some song lyrics to your favorite song, a good quote, or a few sentences about yourself, for example "Hi, my name is Lauren. I like writing blogs on Game Informer. I really hope one day I could be part of their staff, but for now it's just a dream." One more thing, the motto, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT put your name in your motto like at least half of the people on Xbox do. It ends up looking like this when people scroll through their friends list: "Lauren-Lauren-.." It's kind of stupid. So, like I said DO NOT do that, It's one of my biggest pet peeves. But, I'm pretty sure anything other than that is acceptable.

• Now that you have your profile up to par and you have a little bit of gamer score, the hardest part comes; making friends. A good way to do this is by going into one of your favorite games and playing in multiplayer lobbies. For instance, Modern Warfare 3. That's one of the top games out now, and most of the Xbox Live community is playing that game. So, A good playlist for meeting people is Search and Destroy because you can't be in the party chat. Now you new people probably don't know how trash talk goes. Please refer to a previous blog written by me called: Black Ops Blowout.* And trust me, it's like that for every single game you play. Don't ask me why, but it's the "cool" thing to do. But, I don't encourage you to be one of those people that are trash talkers; but if that is your thing, go for it. What I suggest is maybe while you are in a lobby and you hear someone trash talking, maybe take up for the person who is losing and they will appreciate it. Just make sure you know what you are going to say, because those trash talkers are hot heads that can spit come backs like nothing. And, as soon as you make one friend on Xbox, they can introduce you to other people. Then, those people can introduce you to more people. And the process keeps going on.

• The last and final step is very important especially to me. Don't be one of those people who freak out when they talk to a girl, good or bad. Girls on Xbox are just the same as any girls you see every day. It's okay to make good girl friends, just be careful about how you make them. Please refer to a previous blog written by me called: Guys, Listen up.* Don't be anything like those guys and you'll do great.

Well, I guess this is the end of the guide. Please remember, it's not about how many people you have on your friends list, it's about how much fun you have while talking and playing with those people. And for people who aren't new to Xbox and could use a few of these steps, I'm glad I could help. Good luck, and may the friendship force be with you.

• so much misinformation.

Just scream obscenities no matter how well you're actually doing. People will appreciate your honesty .

Its the secret to my success.

Used to be Onett-Hero Jtimmy is still my super secret boyfriend. Crazy for Swayze.
  • This is not really a thread you can discuss on this is more a blog. Yes a blog would suit this much better.

I'm a Legendary GI member.

• I know I'm cool, I don't need help.

• Thelizardman:

I know I'm cool, I don't need help.

Of course you're cool.  Like all lizard people, I'm sure being cold-blooded comes naturally.

Yuk  yuk.

• Another tip on how to be cool: make fun of people. Cool people pick on geeks and nerds and such
    Expertise: I went to high school.

Example: "This is the worst **** joke I've ever heard yuk yuk yuk yuk!"

See how cool I am? 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)