The lights are on
Yes, I know Microsoft is screwing everyone over with Avatars, but 1 thing that I'd like to see is a Top 5 Stupidest ways to use the avatars in games.
1. Being able to talk to your Avatar in "Project Natal" (one of the few things that I'd say would be "why can't you kill yourself?" )
2. Avatars in Halo 3 ODST (they best resemble Grunts)
3. Avatars in all XBLA games, (Playing as your avatar in 'Splosion Man sounds like crap)
4. Beatles Avatars (avatars that look like the Beatles for their game)
5. Being able to play as your avatar in "Crackdown 2" (go kill yourself, and watch your avatar die)
These r my opinions, and now I'd like to see yours
Left 4 Dead. Avatar Zombies. 'Nuff said.
I like my Avatar. I don't see why anyone hates them so much. I'd like to see them used more. And I do like the Avatar Marketplace. I''ve already bought a Gears shirt and a lightsaber for mine.
I'm not back! P.S. Blade still sucks. Also, Gamefreaks cannot compete with my love for Zelda!
I really like Avatars, I never really understood all this hatred because they were Miis and MS copied them. Well you know what? They're way better than Miis, so get over it.
I just don't like them simply because they are failing Miis that Microsoft tries to milk money out of.
I'll make it easy for you, there aren't any non-stupid ways to use them.
lol truth to that
Avatars are a great idea. They are not a rip-off of the Mii (Miis are just heads). While I don't like the way Microsoft is using the Avatar Marketplace (Putting non game related stuff in there is stupid). They are also a way for the people behind the gamer tag to represent themselves with something other than a small picture.
Avatars are ok for games like UNO and stuff. Don't put them anywhere else though.
"You're annoying and you cry about everything, like sending a message to someone on game informer whining about it."
Miis are just heads? Bwa?
Mine has a body. And he does fitness with it!
Miis aren't just heads, and avatars are definitly rip offs. Saying that they aren't is like saying that psn trophies aren't a rip off achievements. They do the same thing, just in different ways.
Anyway, I'm hoping they'll put avatars in a game where you can kill them (I know, fat chance), Well, at least they gave me a way to cover its face (thanks M$)
I await the day that my Avatar will be used in James Cameron's Avatar.
And now for something completely unexpected.
If they use them in productive, and GOOD ways, I won't mind. =|
1. Avatar's being unlockable characters in fighting games.
2. If Goldeneye 007 ever comes out for XLA, then replace Oddjob with them
3. Have them as the final boss of any game. Bonus points if its an RPG
I'm still waiting for my opportunity to walk around the streets of Liberty City with my avatar. That would be awesome.