www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

What makes the Xbox 360 BETTER than the ps3?

Not Answered This question is not answered
All Replies
  • the ps3 is definitely a lot better than the xbox360

•first of all PSN is free unlike live

•the ps3's left analog is below the directional buttons witch feels a lot more comfortable than the xbox360's left analog stick being above the directional buttons

•ps3 has better games eg: god of war

•you can watch BLU ray on ps3

•some people get xboxes just because of halo but the thing is halo isn't really a good game the game play is terrible the story is terrible all halos in general are really bad

•the ps3 has [] () ^ x on its buttons while XBOX has A B X Y on its buttons I know this is a minor thing but every one knows shapes are better than letters

•xboxes L1,L2,R1,R3 feel really WIERD and are in a WIERD shape ps3's feel really comfortable

•xboxes buttons are in a different colour to the actual controller while the ps3 ones r the same COLOR as the controller

• XBOX controllers are way to fat

•ps3's disc hole thing is just a hole where u just insert the disc in which is way better than xboxes one where u press eject and a thingy comes out and u put the disc on the thingy then the thingy with the disc comes in that takes way longer than the ps3 which u jar put the disc in the hole like when u put UR card in an ATM machine which is way easier

•xboxes analogs are in the shape of a "U" the thing is going towards the inside while ps3 one is going outside and that feels way better

•just look at both consoles logo and u can instantly tell the ps3's logo is better

• why is the xboxes main menu COLOR white and green and u pick from these square thingys while TE ps3 one is better dont pick from squares u pick from these pics of the thing u want

• ps3 is faster

• XBOX MULTYPLAYER has way too many annoying whiny kids

• why would u even need an avatar

so those are my reasons why the ps3 three is way better than the XBOX which it is dont listen to those other people who say XBOX is better they're lying

• I would say it's better because it is much easier to connect with friends over X-Box

• IMO the dashboard on the Xbox is much more friendly.

The apps that you have access to through XBL greater than PSN.

I feel other media outlets will "warm up" to Microsoft faster compared to Sony so in turn that will help XBL subs in getting exclusive access to videos, photos, udates etc..

We already know that XBL subs get the maps released faster for COD games so I'm sure there are other titles that will do the same thing.

• I like LIVE and the UI better on Xbox.  I like the controller and the exclusives MUCH more on PS3.  I would say get both...It amazes me that people still can argue Xbox exclusives are better than PS3.  I don't think they are even close.  They are both excellent systems though.

• The Xbox sure as hell breaks better than the PS3.

I like the fact that 360 has party and cross game chat, a feature Sony had been promising for ages but never delivered. That's really the only thing I think the 360 has that the PS3 doesn't. Other than that, the 360 is an overpriced paperweight.

• Preference, sir. I like the Xbox more. I just do. You played both PS3 and Xbox; which was better for you?

Read my ultimate PS4 vs Xbox One Analogy

Power of The Cloud

• marketing

• I myself am a 360 gamer. But to be fair the PS3's hardware is superior to the 360's. However Xbox Live is rock solid compared to the PS3's network, but I know it's because Xbox Live isn't free, in terms of quality. And you do get your moneys worth. However Hail to MGS4!

• Xbox 360 has better support for multiplayer, particularly shooters. Otherwise it doesn't really have much of an edge over a PS3. In many ways it's inferior, examples including fewer exclusives and lack of a free Bluray player.

Before anyone accuses me of being a Sony fan-boy, I don't even own a PS3. I do own a Xbox360, however, so I feel I can fairly criticize it without bias.

• It all matters on your choice of gaming and media. Obviously I you want more games, then get the PS3 because it has more exclusives. If you like to watch more media and have a console that is more diverse, then choose the Xbox360. In the end it's not that one console is better than the other, it's just your choice.

• Uhh what? most movies dont come out on anything but Blu-ray these days.. you have to look harder to find a dvd release of a new show series or movie than to find it on bluray.

but then again anything you can get on bluray you can also get on digital download, if your willing to look :)

• Both have some great games, but as much as I hate to admit it I'm stuck on achievements.  I might not go out of my way to get them all now, but still go for a majority.  Trphies just don't feel the same.  The controller is much more comfortable to me and updates are much faster with the 360 too.  I have both for exclusives but rarely play the PS3.  The 360 has better exclusives that fit my preferences.

• There are pros and cons to both for me I'm with the Xbox 360 all the way because I love their exclusives especially Halo and of course being a FPS fan I love the great online on Xbox Live.  To me Xbox Live is much more competitive online then Playstation Network.  Also you can't forget how awesome it is watching your Gamerscore numbers go up up up as you complete achievements HaHa.

• Well ain't it obvious? It's the simplicity of it. It's the worldwide nation of gamers that are entertained by the device that you can hang with. With PS3, however, it's a bit more complicated than you think. The default controllers to me were a bit slippery with the analog sticks, and almost with everything else with it so I practically have no grip whatsoever. The 360 has a different shape and texture that helps your thumbs move quick but still feel the sticks under them. The overheating is a problem with the original Xbox 360 that can be replaced with the Xbox 360 slim. It also has bigger GB storage, so downloading add-ons and all that good stuff won't be as much of a problem, depending on how you get your games. Playstation is a whole new ball game. You can do many things with it, but simply just the interface can piss you off. In the end, everything is good with the Xbox.

• How in God's name is this thread not locked? I tried asking a similar question, asking people to be civil and not bash while giving their reasons, and some clown of a mod locked it before anyone answered because "threads that encourage this vs that are not allowed".

In any case I prefer my PS3 over my 360, but that's the only reason why: personal preference. Since I've had both for years I can say in all confidence that the online quality is about equal, the XMB interface is easier for me to use and is beautiful in its simplicity, I like the DS3 controller more, and I like the exclusives more. Unless it's an old game or one that focuses on multiplayer, patches have never lasted more than 30 minutes for me, usually less. Same for firmware updates, and they only come once a month at most so people saying they occur frequently and take a long time either don't have a PS3 or have slow internet.

The controller's format and whether or not you like PS3's exclusives more or 360's more are the only real variables. The 360 has many more than just Halo and Gears, but only Blue Dragon appeals to me. Whereas the PS3 has well over a dozen exclusives I love and still at least 2 more coming (FFX, KH 1.5), so for that reason I stuck with the PS3. I bought it because I loved the PS2 and didn't like the XBOX, but kept it because like its predecessor I liked it more than the competition.

Page 6 of 7 (95 items) «34567