www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Buying a snes

Not Answered This question is not answered
All Replies
  • Super Metroid is tied for the second best game of all time and far and away the best SNES game ever, IMO.  MUST PLAY, you will love it.  Also has one of the best soundtracks and final boss battles ever made.  Such a genius game that it is not impacted by time, meaning it does not age.  It seems like it could have been a new release on PSN last week.

Other great games on SNES:

Super Mario World 1 and 2

Earthbound

Super Castlevania 4

Super Punch Out

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Final Fantasy 2 and 3

Zelda: Link to the Past

Super Mario RPG

NBA Live '95

Donkey Kong Country

Super Ghols n Ghosts

Pilotwings

FZero

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Gradius 3

Turtles in Time

• Okay Luken here's a list of some of my personal favorites (other than the Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, Super Mario, Super Metroid, etc. games published by Nintendo themselves) culled from my SNES game collection.. and here. we. go..  :

-AD&D: Eye Of the Beholder, The Addams Family, Addams Family Values, The Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt, The Adventures Of Batman & Robin, Brain Lord, Contra III: Alien Wars, Demon's Crest, Dungeon Master, Earthworm Jim 1 & 2, Flashback, Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures, Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures Of Mickey Mouse, Might & Magic III: Isles Of Terra, Mutant Chronicles: Doom Troopers, Out Of This World, Robocop vs. Terminator, Robotrek, Secret Of Mana, Shadowrun, The Simpson's: Bart's Nightmare, The Simpsons: Virtual Bart, Super Bonk, Super Castlevania IV, Super Double Dragon, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Ghouls & Ghosts, Super Return Of The Jedi, Super Star Wars, Super Turrican, Ultima: The Black Gate, Ultima: The False Prophet, Ultima: Runes Of Virtue and finally Wizardry V: Heart Of The Maelstrom.. whew!!.. hehe..   

"Raining Down Fiery Death & Destruction Upon the Hapless Since 1967"

• "Final Fantasy 3" (American title. It's actually #6) & "Chrono Trigger" are my two favorite games ever!

Though there really are SO many great games for SNES, pretty much all of which have been listed by these two before me :)

I also highly re-stress getting "Zelda: Link to the Past", "Super Metroid", and "Super Mario RPG", those are all favorites of mine as well

"Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn!"

• Oh hey forgot one really great one.  Killer Instinct.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)