Switch Lights

The lights are on

The Official "What Console Should I Get" Thread

• 15 Followers
  • 141 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
All Replies
  • Whatever games you want, is the system want.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
    Suggested by
  • PS3 for life!!! I am kind of like a fanboy but I'll spare you the crap and actually give you real reasons.

1-Better Graphics

2-More Features (browsing the web)

3-Blu Ray

4-Better high quality games

5-Sony is more friendly than Microsoft (which is all about money)

6-Now that the PS3 lowered their prices it is a bargain to buy!

SO GO GET IT!!! lol

CaNdLE + LiiGHT = OWNAGE

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • Well the games i want is multiplayer games so i wont get bored but ppl said theres the same amount for both systems

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • If you're talking which system is a better monetary value out of the box, then the PS3 takes it hands down since it's controllers are all rechargable (no special rechargable battery packs needed), it has WiFi out of the box (the 360 needs a separate $80 adapter for WiFi) and the Playstation Network is free (yeah it doesn't have as many features as Live, but can you really complain with free?)

However, what it really boils down to is what games you're interested in.  If you prefer games with more focus on single player experiences, the PS3 is the way to go, however if what you really want to do is play online with a bunch of your friends, the 360 will better serve your purposes simply because more people have 360s than PS3s.

• Top 200 Contributor
    • Male
    Suggested by
  • If you can deal with the loudness of the 360, I'd say get the Modern Warfare 2 edition 360 w/ 250gb $400 and two controllers. Best deal out there (the elite I got was same price for only 120gb).

As for why you should, pretty much every online game is made with the 360 in mind, the ps3 version tends to get the back end of online/community features and quality. The networking-messages, friends, etc.-all are done much better on XBL. Achievements are easier to notice, they show up where you can actually see them, whereas trophies are easily missed.

The 360 controls are also tighter, which I personally prefer, but that's by preference. Also most cross-platform games have timed-exclusive DLC for 360 versions, so if you plan on getting DLC on the ps3 you most likely will be waiting a few months for it. If you're interested in Netflix the 360 has built in compatibility with it.

If you can't afford the $50 a year price of GOLD then just go ahead and buy a ps3 because a 360 is pretty useless with SILVER. I myself have both, because the ps3 does have some great exclusives.

vxiing's Gamercard

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • First off, the topic is complete flame bait... so... you should expect fanboy crap... other than that do some research and decide what features are important to you... (WiFi, Blu, games, online features, etc) and then make an educated decision...  everyone has a opinion, but the only person who can make this decision is you, so make your own opinion.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • Honestly, it's whatever YOU prefer, ignore all the fanboy crap. They are both great systems with great games, you should look into what games are available for each console, and what exclusives you like best, then that should help you make an informed decision.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • Like is was already said, this thread is  waiting for fanboy action.  If you want to make a smart buy look at the games exclusives for each console and see which ones you want.  The more exclusives you want on a console should lead you to an easy choice.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • As others have said, it really depends on what kind of games you prefer.  I personally prefer the games on the 360, but thats just me.  If you could tell us 3 important things about you, then that would really help us to give you a better answers.  Answer the following questions, and then we can go from there.

What kind of games do you like to play, like, what is your favorite genre?

Do you plan on playing more on your own or online with friends?

What purpose do you plan for this console to serve, and what do you want it to do (movie player, internet device, social networking, game player, etc)?

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • It's all personal preference. I've owned all three and returned two. The 360 went back first for charging me to play my games online. The Wii went back after that for collecting too much dust while waiting for the next Metroid/Zelda/Smash to come out. The PS3 will stick around until it dies because I just get more use out of it. Movies, Internet Browser, Free Online...it gets more use than anything else in my home theater. Except the speakers/receiver of course.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • I currently have a 360 being repaired by Micro$oft. With that being said, I still think the 360 is the better system but the gap is not nearly as evident any longer. PS3 has pretty much caught up and is more reliable. I can't give up my progress and totally switch over to Sony because I just love my Xbox & Live. But for someone who hasn't owned either yet, I would actually suggest buying a PS3. (especially if you own a HDTV b/c it doubles as a Blu-ray player)

The problem will come in if you want some of the exclusive 360 titles.

In a perfect world, I would be able to have both. (that's the dream lol)

Raptr Forum Signature

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • Well i dont have a really specific type of game but i like ones that makes me want to keep on playing

i dont really care if i play with friends or by myself and again whatever is fun to keep on playing.

Im using it as a gameplayer

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • I think you just answered your own question. If you are using it for the sole purpose of games, then the 360 is your system. Both is the ideal but, if you have your Ethernet connection near your console ( I can't hide the fact it doesn't have WiFi included) and at least a decent TV then you are good. The multiplayer functionality of the 360 is unmatched, despite paying a trifiling $50 (US) a year for the privelege, you usually get DLC first and a very easy to use UI and you don't have to perform long updates to play every single game. The PS3 has its strong suits, but for strictly gaming purposes the 360 is your best bet. By the way, it isn't as loud or as likely to RRoD anymore. The new ones are really quite nice.  

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • You should pick the PS3 since it's less likely to break, but if you're looking for online, pick the 360

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
Page 1 of 10 (141 items) 12345»