www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

The official Fallout New Vegas thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 114 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • yeah true, a vehicle would make it easier to escape albino scorpians. or even deathclaws at earlier levels.

• im realy looking forward to this game. i realy liked the first two but i gotta say i just liked 3 better. i know saying stuff like that will get ya killed but hey its the truth. if obsidian retools the speech a little and overhauls the real tims fps aspect ie make aiming mor responsive and maybe a aim down the sights insted of zoom, the latter might be asking a bit much. either way its gonna be great and its one of the only games i will pre order. i heard the gi's april cover might be fonv but i dunno if that was true or not guess well find out soon enough!

Get your own Gamercard Sig.

• I would love an aim down the sight feature, I hate it when developers esp. FPS devs. don't add this feature; same with BC2 probably the 1 thing I don't like about the game.

• It sounds incredible going by the PC preview. Love the changes Obsidian is bringing.

• i honestly can't wait. fallout 3 is in my top ten games of all time. the only problem may be that bullets now have weight so managing your stuff may be much harder so i'll have to invest in strength more than i would have.

• yeah not really enthusiastic about that, I love using my minigun in combat and I'm worried 2,000 5mm rounds are going to weigh me down.

• nma is a bunch of interplay fanboys.

• NMA hates (present day) Interplay.

And guys, ammo only has weight in the hardcore mode.  Ammo in Fallout was never all that heavy anyway.

• Why dont you guys use the New Vegas forum? Its not THAT hard to get there.

gameinformer.com/.../default.aspx

• This sounds cool, and I'll probably skip straight to Hardcore mode because the fact that in Fallout 3 I could carry around over 3000 rounds of machine gun ammo bothered me.

Not so, anymore!

I also like the M4 assault rifle being shown. The ones in Fallout 3 always seemed to fire..too slow. Maybe I'm being petty, but I wanted more types with different stats and all that.

I can't find the parts that say you can use the iron sights, will that still be a feature?

Also, can I set my Intelligence to 1 and be a literal retard like in Fallout 2? Can I aim for the eyes again?

• TraderInTown:

Also, can I set my Intelligence to 1 and be a literal retard like in Fallout 2? Can I aim for the eyes again?

I'd love to have the option of being retarded back, but I'm unsure as to whether or not it'll be in New Vegas.  And, sadly, it doesn't look like eye or groin shots are coming back.

• I didnt get one....

• @ Treestump

The team that originally designed Fallout and Fallout 2 (therefore it is their franchise more so than it is Bethesda's) are making it. These games were leagues better than Fallout: Oblivion. New Vegas will be a much more entertaining game.

If you bred HK-47, Shale, Chai Ka and Wrex, the gaming world would explode from sheer badassery.

• Demon of Elru:

@ Treestump

These games were leagues better than Fallout: Oblivion.

You do have to give Bethesda credit, though.

The prospect of Obsidian making a Fallout game ever again wouldn't even be feasible if Bethesda hadn't shown an interest. This franchise would still be collecting dust if it weren't for Bethesda not only purchasing it but also putting in hard work to bring it back to life. And you have to applaud them for letting Obsidian make New Vegas. That was an act of kindness that they really had no obligation to offer, and most publishers would not have done that. Imagine if the likes of Activision had gotten their claws on Fallout. They would have given Obsidian a restraining order sooner than they'd have given them a game deal.

And yes, from a structural and technical point of view, Fallout 3 is "Oblivion with guns." But you have to look at that from a business perspective as well as from a talent perspective. From a business perspective, building Fallout 3 on an existing and, more importantly, a successful foundation is much more efficient and sensible than building completely from scratch. Bethesda spent quite a few years on Fallout 3 even on top of that foundation, but imagine how much longer and how much more expensive it would have been to build from scratch. And from a talent perspective, Bethesda did what any good studio would do: They played to their strengths. You label it Fallout: Oblivion as if that's a bad thing, but Oblivion was by no means bad.

When you look at it as a sequel, of course the previous games were leagues better, but when you look at it as what it really is, a revival, it's more than a good enough starting point. And even if you don't really like it, you have to at least give Bethesda credit for their investment, effort, and genuine interest in bringing Fallout back to life.

• LaurenIsSoMosh:

Demon of Elru:

@ Treestump

These games were leagues better than Fallout: Oblivion.

You do have to give Bethesda credit, though.

The prospect of Obsidian making a Fallout game ever again wouldn't even be feasible if Bethesda hadn't shown an interest. This franchise would still be collecting dust if it weren't for Bethesda not only purchasing it but also putting in hard work to bring it back to life. And you have to applaud them for letting Obsidian make New Vegas. That was an act of kindness that they really had no obligation to offer, and most publishers would not have done that. Imagine if the likes of Activision had gotten their claws on Fallout. They would have given Obsidian a restraining order sooner than they'd have given them a game deal.

And yes, from a structural and technical point of view, Fallout 3 is "Oblivion with guns." But you have to look at that from a business perspective as well as from a talent perspective. From a business perspective, building Fallout 3 on an existing and, more importantly, a successful foundation is much more efficient and sensible than building completely from scratch. Bethesda spent quite a few years on Fallout 3 even on top of that foundation, but imagine how much longer and how much more expensive it would have been to build from scratch. And from a talent perspective, Bethesda did what any good studio would do: They played to their strengths. You label it Fallout: Oblivion as if that's a bad thing, but Oblivion was by no means bad.

When you look at it as a sequel, of course the previous games were leagues better, but when you look at it as what it really is, a revival, it's more than a good enough starting point. And even if you don't really like it, you have to at least give Bethesda credit for their investment, effort, and genuine interest in bringing Fallout back to life.

Good point.

Yup. I just responded to three huge paragraphs with 2 words. Articulation fail.

Anyway, the "Ranger clothes" the man in the trailer is wearing looks awesome. I'll join the NCR just to get them. And actually, whenever I was evil in Fallout 3 it was to get a constant supply of Dusters.

If your the one being dug out by the robot, it is a *** miracle you didn't die. *** does that thing work slow.

Page 6 of 8 (115 items) «45678