www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

The official Fallout New Vegas thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 114 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • @ Hiro:

For the best, then. Good graphics are always nice, but they're more of a superficial addition than a meaningful part of the game.

I personally can accept the graphics as they've been in Fallout 3 if it means Obsidian can devote its time to more important things like tweaking combat and killing bugs. I'd really like to see a massively more polished experience in New Vegas.

@ Peter:

Believe it or not, the requirement of drinking water, ammo with some kind of restriction, and the time delay on stimpaks are actually a few of the most common and popular requests by longtime Fallout fans.

Fallout has always been a survival game at heart, with strong emphasis on resource management and strategic thinking. Bethesda did a lot to make the player character all-powerful, and that didn't go over well with some people.

And who knows, you may actually enjoy the need to manage your resources and strategically plan your battles. I know I will.

• @LaurenIsSoMosh

Mostly I just have a problem with the ammo having weight, because I felt like I had to manage the weight I was carrying a lot in Fallout 3. If they give you more weight to carry in the beggining, then I guess it won't be as much of a problem for me. I'll try hardcore mode when I get it probably though, I guess I'm just used to the way Fallout 3 played.

tachyon604

• I saw the scans and everything looks just like Fallout 3, not only graphically but the setting and character designs.

• Peter:

@ Jonathan

On the Fallout wiki articles/Fallout forum it states that Area 51 will make an appearance in the game, so we might expect to see something similar to the Mothership Zeta DLC for Fallout 3. Except hopefully they'll make it better. As for hardcore mode, I'm not really excited for that it'll just take away from the experience having to constantly drop ammo, run to find water, or hiding so that my character will finally heal. It's good to see Obsidian go back to their roots and bring back some of the team's original ideas for Fallout 3. Since the game takes place three years after Fallout 3, I'm hoping they'll tie into the lone wanderer's story somehow. Also it's a good thing that now you can't mess up your dialogue by failing a speech check, because that just annoyed me in the last game.

Here's a new source too:

fallout.wikia.com/.../Fallout:_New_Vegas_details_from_PlayStation_Magazine

Area 51's inclusion in the game was just conjecture on PC Gamer's part.

@lauren

For me, the most important thing is that they make real consequences for player actions and maximize the effect the player's choices have on the world, on people, and on the different factions.  (I would add good writing, but that's pretty much a given).

And I'm really hoping the Brotherhood of Steel don't make an appearance.

• Ah Man i can't *** WAIT for this game.

"You're annoying and you cry about everything, like sending a message to someone on game informer whining about it."

<3

• the graphics dont look as good as fallout 3s plus you cant tell if its gonna be good or not. The trailer was very dissapointing because it was exactly like the fallout 3 one. Dont get me wrong, because fallout 3 is my most favorite game in the world. I have all downloads to the game and found all 222 places in it,  along with every single achievement. I just cant see what other people see in New Vegas's trailer. Maybe its cus i havent played fallout 1 and 2.

War is like gambling: someones gonna pay!

The one who thinks the least talks the most.

• Hiroshige:

For me, the most important thing is that they make real consequences for player actions and maximize the effect the player's choices have on the world, on people, and on the different factions.  (I would add good writing, but that's pretty much a given).

They've announced the return of the reputation system from Fallout 1 and 2, which will vary from settlement to settlement based on your actions. I assume this means they will be putting said system to use, which hopefully means consequences, consequences, consequences. Josh Sawyer of Obsidian Entertainment has said that "stupid talk" conversational options will be returning if your character's intelligence is low, meaning that two players can approach the same NPC and have different kinds of conversations. I don't want to dream too big here, but maybe they're doing the same for reputation.

And I'm really hoping the Brotherhood of Steel don't make an appearance.

It's hard to imagine Fallout without them, I say. I hope they do make an appearance but return to their moody "we're not here to hold your hand" attitude. In short, I guess you could say I hope they keep to themselves and don't play a critical part in the main story, so that players who don't like them don't have to fool with them, but players who do like them can, well, y'know, generally suck up to them in hopes of earning a gold sticker and a pat on the back.

Kyle James:

I just cant see what other people see in New Vegas's trailer.

Sorta like judging a book by its cover, amirite? ;-)

Most of the hype I'm getting from it isn't from the trailer in and of itself but just from knowing that it's back to the people who made Fallout what it is to begin with.

Maybe its cus i havent played fallout 1 and 2.

Get on it, pronto! You owe it to yourself to play these masterpieces.

You can purchase both of them at GOG.com for about ten dollars in total, and they're worth every penny.

• Info from OXM UK:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Fallout:_New_Vegas_info_from_OXM#Ausir-20100213200502

Well, the Brotherhood are back, but they're thankfully a minor faction.  The schizophrenic Nightkin idea sounds good (isn't that from Van Buren?), but "they deactivate their camo before attacking you, with a club" sounds stupid.  Oh, and good to hear that reputation will affect the ending.

• I think I'm the only person ever who didn't really like Fallout 3 all that much. It's too stressful. Seriously.

But anyway I'm really hoping that there will be some online in it. A Fallout MMO game would be awesome.

• New Vegas will be single player only.  However, Interplay is developing a Fallout MMO codenamed V13 in conjunction with Masthead Studios.  I'm not sure that it will ever end up seeing the light of day, but it's in development.  

• @ Hiroshige

Ah you beat me to it, but it is good to hear that the Brotherhood doesn't just disappear for the entire game. Also, I'm very interested in the Archimedes II solar weapon. It says you can help people with it, or "use it for your own ends" now that sounds very interesting. I'd like to have the option to use it as a WMD and bomb a certain city, possibly New Vegas because the area was completely unaffected by bombs. Imagine playing the whole game and being able to see that area with buildings in perfect shape, and vegetation in certain parts. Now imagine that completely destroyed by a massive weapon, that would be a huge moment that could completely change the game, even more so then bombing Megaton in Fallout 3.

I'm glad to see different endings are back, because I'd like my actions to really have an effect on what happens to my character at the end of the story.

tachyon604

• they should make a fall out game but with zombies. I hated left for dead 2. An FPSRPG in a fallout type atmosphere with zombies would be neat. Having settlements and outposts that you have to travel to and fight off hords woudl rock. :D

• i think this game will be amazing ass long as they don't mess with it much fallout 3 is second favorite game of all time ( first until i finished bio shock 2 three days ago). i am disappointed that Bethesda isn't making it but i am sure it will be great one thing i will say about the game is that it should have a better city(new Vegas) then fallout 3 i hated that i had to go through the subway just to get over a mound of junk  

• Louie:

they should make a fall out game but with zombies.

Feral ghouls are, more or less, zombies.

• @ Louie

LaurenIsSoMosh is right, there were tons of instances in the game where you had to fight off feral ghouls (zombies basically, except they had a different name). Have you played Fallout 3? If you are looking for an experience like that, Fallout 3 would definitely satisfy. There are many instances where you will have to fight off the ghouls (mostly in subways) and at times the game does make you feel scared when you are scavenging through huge abandoned buildings, enemies could be right around the corner.

tachyon604

Page 4 of 8 (115 items) «23456»