www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

the official Female Gamer thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 212 Replies |
  • 12 Followers
  • as a girl gamer i think that us girls are kind of ignored in the gaming scene, I mean come on guys, girls like shooting, and fighting and explosions too, well what do you think?

• This is my OPINION so please dont take this seriously. Me and my bro always get into arguments because I dont like the fact that females play games. In my eyes it's like females playing football "why the heck are you playing football?!"

When I see a female in a lobby I just have to ask them why they are playing video games instead of putting make up game. Yes it is another hobbie for everyone but c'mon. I'd rather have you yelling at me saying gtfo the video games and eat instead of you playing with me. There are certain things I'm very sexist about and this is one of them.

AGAIN DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY

• Skrill:

This is my OPINION so please dont take this seriously. Me and my bro always get into arguments because I dont like the fact that females play games. In my eyes it's like females playing football "why the heck are you playing football?!"

When I see a female in a lobby I just have to ask them why they are playing video games instead of putting make up game. Yes it is another hobbie for everyone but c'mon. I'd rather have you yelling at me saying gtfo the video games and eat instead of you playing with me. There are certain things I'm very sexist about and this is one of them.

Seriously, Your a sexist idiot! I thought we were past that bull, this is 2009, not 1909.

My personal opinion is that I don't particularly care if your female. If you kick my ass great, If I kick your ass great. As far as I'm concerned, this is a hobby for everyone and it really doesn't matter if you have XX or XY chromosomes if you can play at a decent level and have fun doing it, that's all that really matters. I say leave the ego at the door and just have fun.

While I say that, one of my major pet peeves is when a minority of a hobby expects to be treated special just because their said minority. If you want equality, act like it, don't be an attention ***.

/Lurking mode activate.

The difficult is easily done; it's the impossible that takes a little while

• Skrill you're intitled to your oppinion.

I'm a girl gamer who enjoy's fighting and explosion's. I don't think we're being overlooked. Girl's are a bit more flexable in their gameing taste then men. I actually know a guy who won't play tomb raider because the charactor's female!

I know their are some girl's with this same problem, but to be frank. Their will alway's be those people. Personally, i think there have been a ton of advancement's toward's making "gamergirls"  comfortable. Just look at this site for instance, rule's against sexual harassment. We're not roughing as much as most people seem to think.

I'm just saying what i believe, so if it offend's someone i'm sorry.

Kill'em with kindness, it's a slow painful death.

Usage guidelines, Newcomer Cheat  Sheet, Site Feedback.

• Well I know my little sister (age15) loves games and in co-op games she helps me alot

VisualizeWhatUCantC

• Its nothing wrong with girl gamers in fact I welcome them

VisualizeWhatUCantC

• But the I have a question what made u decide ta play games?

VisualizeWhatUCantC

• My wife is a gamer. She mainly plays her DS and a little PC. Right now she's hooked on Scribblenauts.

• I like tomb raider and not just bcuz of lara the game is good

VisualizeWhatUCantC

• Daharvmasta, please use the edit feature and don't triple post. All of what you have said could of been contained in one post.

/Lurking mode activate.

• Zmagnum:

Skrill:

This is my OPINION so please dont take this seriously. Me and my bro always get into arguments because I dont like the fact that females play games. In my eyes it's like females playing football "why the heck are you playing football?!"

Seriously, Your a sexist idiot! I thought we were past that bull, this is 2009, not 1909.

My personal opinion is that I don't particularly care if your female. If you kick my ass great, If I kick your ass great. As far as I'm concerned, this is a hobby for everyone and it really doesn't matter if you have XX or XY chromosomes if you can play at a decent level and have fun doing it, that's all that really matters. I say leave the ego at the door and just have fun.

While I say that, one of my major pet peeves is when a minority of a hobby expects to be treated special just because their said minority. If you want equality, act like it, don't be an attention ***.

I clearly said my opinion. Exactly what i didnt want to happen. names getting called etc.

Racism has not even past, what makes you think this will?

• I have no problem with girl gamers, but it might just be simply because of the fact that I rarely encounter them.  I've played halo online with a friend's girlfriend.  I didn't mind it.  Although I do admit that it is mildly embarrassing when she constantly performs better than I do.

• It's not that I don't like girl gamers, I just hate threads like this.

• Skrill, You post something controversial as that and really expect to not be called on it.

Sometimes its best to choose your words carefully and sometimes its best not to say something at all. You chose to say what you had to say and I called you on it, maybe a little more harsh than I should of but what do you really expect when you say something like that.

/Lurking mode activate.

• reply to DaHarvMasta.

My parent's were both into video game's and to be honest they spoiled me and my sister rotten with them. Weirdly enough, my sister only play's them now and then.

Kill'em with kindness, it's a slow painful death.

Usage guidelines, Newcomer Cheat  Sheet, Site Feedback.

Page 1 of 14 (208 items) 12345»