www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

I Like This Game But I Wish...

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 17 Replies |
  • 0 Followers
  • Sometimes when you play a video game and after playing for a while or after beating it, you might think to yourself, this game would've been a lot cooler if it had this or that feature.  So that's what this thread is for, because no matter what big name magazines might want you to think, no game is perfect.

I just finished Halo 3. I was surprised because I was really enjoying playing the game, and then I just beat it. I was confused, I didn't think that it was really over. It seemed so short and that was a real underwhelming ending to me. So master chief gets a military medal for everything... and that's it? I beat the game in under a week, I can't remember the last time I beat a game that quick.

So, what games do you think could've been better?

• I like ODST but I wish the setting had a little more light.  Some parts of the game are just so dark.  To counter balance that though I really like the soundtrack.

• When I played CSI: Miami the Video Game I wish I never played it to begin with.

...in the shower.

• If Red Faction Guerilla had a solid story and decent characters, it would really make the whole experience better.

Remember: Three can keep a secret if two are dead. That said, you know what you have to do.

• I really, really enjoyed Mass Effect, but the one thing that I hope that they improve on in the sequel are the side quests. Basically all the side quests in Mass Effect were pretty much the same. Travel to uncharted planet, find a base, wipe out all the enemies, proceed to the back room, pick up your objective, rinse and repeat for the next one. Not to mention that they recycled most of the same areas for the side quests.

• Assassin's Creed for me is an amazing game. There's no other game like it, in my opinion. However, halfway through the game, I get tired of getting an assassination request, going to the city the guy is in, digging up dirt on him by pickpocketing or eavesdropping, then finally assassinating him - only to do it all over again with a different guy.

• Starfox 64 was a *** awesome game, I played it again for kicks just the other day. But I really wish that the multiplayer had a bit more to offer, it's so easy. And while I'm on n64 games, Mario 64 kicked all kinds of ass but it sucked how there was basically absolutely nothing to do in the game after you got the stars. I mean what are 100 free men good for if there's nothing left to do?

More modern examples hmm... well I liked REmake on gamecube, but I wish they didn't handicap Chris so much. Less item space and you need to use the keys and stuff, I mean screw that. And man, I hear you on Halo 3, I was actually having fun with that game- surprisingly since I didn't really care for the first 2- and then it just ended, it's like wtf. And the ending wasn't even exciting and cool, it was just annoying having to stop and hear that annoying voice every time you enter a room as you got towards the end.

•    I loved Fallout 3 but I wish that you didn't have to watch a mini cut scene every time you killed an enemy with VATS. If the enemy would just be killed in the way you selected right after exiting VATS it would be a lot less annoying. Or if there was a basic targeting style so you didn't HAVE to go through it to get an efficient kill, like an auto lock at least.

Bully is a great game, but what's with passing out at 2 am every night?

Mass effect would be better if all the planets weren't the same, and all the buildings didn't look identical. There's only one company in the whole universe that makes buildings?

•  I got tired of Assassin's Creed because of the boring landscape.

• I wish Fight Night Round 4 has the buttons. I know, I know, whatever about the stupid buttons, but I enjoyed round 3 more because of the flexibility.

• I know it's not cool to say this, but I actually do enjoy playing Dead or Alive Xtreme 2.  Yes, I typed that right and you read that right.  I actually enjoy playing volleyball and watercraft racing and (my personal favorite) Butt Battle.  I just wish the game wasn't a one-player affair.  I'd actually like to team up with a fellow human being in volleyball or race against them in watercraft racing.  And don't get me started on how hilarious it would be to play Butt Battle with someone.  DOAX2 being single-player is a major disappointment to me.  I still enjoy the game though.

If you want to see why we need to Fix Congress First! then watch this video.

• @ Gabe360: There is nothing wrong with liking a game revolving around sexed-up, scantily clad women; video games are supposed to appeal to all audiences anyways, right? :-)

Anyways, I wish that ODST and the mythic map pack were sold separately.  It wasn't a huge issue for me because I used a $30 gift card, but if I could've gotten the map pack separately, then I would have been much happier, and would've pre-ordered Left 4 Dead 2 instead.

Of course, that's what I said last time, isn't it?

• I really like Mass Effect, but it gets repetitive. The same can be said for Assassin's Creed, but to counter the all the repetition the games were beautiful and had amazing stories.

• I like Phantom Hourglass but I wish it had actual music for non-city-islands/caves/dungeons.

• I like Bowser's Inside Story, but the dialog is starting to get a little ridiculous. It never feels like there's any weight to anything I'm doing because the dialog is ALWAYS going to be goofy.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12