www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

GI Editors Top 10 Compilation

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 6 Replies |
  • 3 Followers
  • So I was kind of bored and decided to turn all 18 editors' top 10 lists into one giant list.  A 1st place ranking is worth 10 points and a 10th place ranking is worth 1 point. So the highest possible score was 180. Here's the results.

1. The Last of Us - 164
    2. Bioshock Infinite - 116
    3. Tomb Raider - 82 (tied for 3rd)
    4. Grand Theft Auto V - 82 (tied for 3rd)
    5. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 77
    6. Rayman Legends - 37
    7. Super Mario 3D World - 36
    8. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 34
    9. The Stanley Parable - 28 (tied for 9th)
    10. Devil May Cry - 28 (tied for 9th)
    11. Tearaway - 17
    12. State of Decay - 14 (tied for 12th)
    13. FIFA 14 - 14 (tied for 12th)
    14. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 14 (tied for 12th)
    15. Papers, Please - 13

There was a total of 61 games that were on at least one list, but most of those only got mentioned once or twice.  The Last of Us was easily #1.  Personally I'm surprised Gone Home got so few points (tied for 18th). It didn't get much love from the GI staff. But overall it pretty much looks like many other top lists so job well done!

• The four titles that placed 1st thru 3rd are dead  on...

• I never disagree with top ten lists, because I acknowledge they are opinion, but I'm always surprised when GI puts out a list, and a game makes it in there that GI editors didn't rate very high. It happens every year, and this year it seems to be Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

Matt Helgeson seemed underwhelmed by the title, saying it's strength was being artsy, but also accusing it of being shallow. I'm surprised given this that it made so many of the staff's Top Ten.

• This is a good list except for one thing.  Assassin's Creed 4 on PS4 should be #1 of 2013, imo.  How is it not on the list at all?  Was it past a cutoff date?  Can anyone honestly say DmC and State of Decay are better games than AC4?

• Is Tomb Raider really that good? The fact that there is so much killing of humans just makes me feel that it isn't a real TR game. I guess i will ahve to try it on PS4 when I can afford one

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)