www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Top 10 Games Of This Generation

Answered (Verified) This question is answered
Verified Answer
  • The video was a bit cheesy at times, but for the most part, the content was good. I would have added Skyrim over Oblivion and Battlefield 3 over Metal Gear Solid. This generation isn't quite over yet either. We still have GTA V and South Park: The Stick of Truth. I doubt  the latter will make the "top" list, however that wont stop me from being hopeful. There were so many really good games for this generation that it's impossible to narrow it down to just 10. Perhaps a top 50, or at the very least, 25 can do it justice.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
    Verified by
  • Game of the generation for me is a tie between MGS4 and Dark Souls, so dang good those games.

That said, I'd remind you those two games sequels are also coming to current gen, another two really good reasons to hold off on a list.

But as for your list [is that you're list?], I'd say, seems like a pretty decent list, if a little predictable.

My list might be somthing like this;

MGS4, Dark Souls, Batman AA, Cave Story, No more Heroes, Street Fighter 4, Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, and Portal.

As you can see, my tastes run a lot more niche, but those are the ones that do it for me.

KAMINA-01-1.jpg Kamina image by lokwokcheung Suda51 Group

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
    Verified by
All Replies
  • The video was a bit cheesy at times, but for the most part, the content was good. I would have added Skyrim over Oblivion and Battlefield 3 over Metal Gear Solid. This generation isn't quite over yet either. We still have GTA V and South Park: The Stick of Truth. I doubt  the latter will make the "top" list, however that wont stop me from being hopeful. There were so many really good games for this generation that it's impossible to narrow it down to just 10. Perhaps a top 50, or at the very least, 25 can do it justice.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
    Verified by
  • Game of the generation for me is a tie between MGS4 and Dark Souls, so dang good those games.

That said, I'd remind you those two games sequels are also coming to current gen, another two really good reasons to hold off on a list.

But as for your list [is that you're list?], I'd say, seems like a pretty decent list, if a little predictable.

My list might be somthing like this;

MGS4, Dark Souls, Batman AA, Cave Story, No more Heroes, Street Fighter 4, Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, and Portal.

As you can see, my tastes run a lot more niche, but those are the ones that do it for me.

KAMINA-01-1.jpg Kamina image by lokwokcheung Suda51 Group

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
    Verified by
  • Hmm tough question.  I think I have posted a top 10 somehwere on here, well maybe not this gen so I will do another one.

1.  Battlefield:  Bad Company 2 and Vietnam expansion both

2.  Borderlands 2

3.  Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1

4.  Resistance 1

5.  The Last of Us

6.  Bioshock 1

7.  Mass Effect 2

8.  Castlevania:  Lords of Shadow

9.  Gravity Rush

10.  Trials Evolution

Honoarable Mention 10 = Uncharted 2, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition, Metal Gear Solid 4, Infamous1, 2, Doom 3:BFG Edition, Max Payne 3, Shadows of the Damned, Dark Souls, Rage

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • 1.Age of Empires

2.Hitman

3.Call of duty

4.Splinter cell

5.fifa

6. diablo 2&3

7.starcraft

8.medal of honor

9.red alert

10.football manager