www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

The Official Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 2,092 Replies |
  • 74 Followers
  • "While Oblivion was a great game that had its flaws, one thing I found was that some of the DLC was lacking, sure we all want more houses and items, but I never even used half of them ever. If its 30 years before Oblivion but still in Cyrodil there may be some things but I'm not too sure they would do just that. New weapons, armor and such are expected, and I have no doubts another Elder scrolls game will be realeased."

Did you forget The Shivering Isles. It remains today the best DLC every released. It could be it's own game.

"If Bethesda gives it drop-in, drop-out multiplayer like Borderlands and stops the enemies from scaling, I'll be pleased."

I think there are mods for that on the PC version. That would be pretty awesome. It could be so much better than Fable II's lackluster co-op

If you post it, they will troll.

• They should try to make it fun.

• The next Elder Scrolls game is going to be very exciting, because the team will hopefully have some new ideas and stuff maybe from making Fallout, or at least the engine will be better.

As far as content goes, I think shrinking the world a bit, and adding more life to the game will really go a long way. The game world is fun to explore, but it always seems so desolate. I also want them to keep advancing combat. Personally, I'm a melee guy, so I would like to see more options/abilities to make fighting more than one person a possibility. If you get teamed up on in Oblivion, it is really hard to fend them off, especially if a swing goes awry and you hit the character currently blocking, thus knocking you back. I think making a parry ability or something would be useful. Like many others, I have a lot of ideas (big fan), but I'll end it there.

• how about...a better 3'rd person cam.

Whatever peels your orange

• A return to Morrowind is where my vote goes...I found the world more immersive

• an all new wolrd of coruse. and how about guns! not powerful guns, but guns.

• I think I heard verified rumors that the next Elder Scrolls will be an Oblivion-like MMO. I had a Nerd-Gasm at that, but rumors are rumors. We can only hope.

• Oh man I hope that is a falsity, MMOs suck! Don't ruin The Elder Scrolls franchise by populating the world with a bunch of mouth breathing idiots. I like my epic single player experience the way it is.

• I was a huge fan of Morrowind, and when Oblivion was about to come out I was asking myself all these same questions, thinking about the possible improvements, posting things I thought might be subtle ways they could improve a game that, in my mind, was definitely more than, say, 85% of the way up that all-time-greatness scale.

And then Oblivion came out. I was really excited, and I got my limited edition, waited, traded it for a GOTY edition. And overall was very disappointed.

The largest flaw in Oblivion was the leveling system. No matter how well you knew the game (unless you found that one chick with the ebony armor--and that was a glitch), your items and the enemies around you depended on your level. Not ok. No surprises at all. "Oh, what's this new thing? Oh I must have gained a level." There's no way to get good items ahead of time through skill or cunning like there was in Morrowind, but perhaps more importantly, it's not easy enough to walk out into the wilderness and get your a** handed to you. The creatures are not necessarily too easy, but you can always be prepared. In Morrowind, as a level 1 character, you could go get slashed by a Dremora if you wandered into the wrong place. Now THAT's a surprise.

The second thing that was a major flaw in Oblivion was the politics of the guilds and factions. (I'm surprised no one mentioned it here already...) One of the gems of foresight Bethesda had when creating Morrowind was keeping some factions exclusive--you can only join one of the Great Houses, and no take backs or second chances. You can't be master of all the guilds at the same time, because one guild ends up asking you to kill the leaders of another. This means in order to experience all the content of the game, not only do you have to figure out all the secrets and the hiding spots and the tricks, but you also have to play the game multiple times. HAVE to. I played through Morrowind and the expansion packs with more than 10 different characters and each time my experience was distinctly different. I played through Oblivion once (and I have to say I probably never will again), and not only did I start getting to the same encounters over and over again, but I also was able to unlock every Xbox360 achievement for that game with that ONE character. Lame. There was no point at which they made me choose a side, or make any kind of important decision. (Again, the only exception is a glitch--the Daedra statue that, if you talk to it wrong, you can never finish the quest...that's the only irrevocable choice in the game....) I liked some of the plotlines (the Dark Brotherhood especially comes to mind as inventive) but overall I wasn't connected to or invested in the game after a certain point, because I knew I just had to follow directions to continue through the game. I NEVER had to make a choice that mattered in Oblivion.

So that's my suggestion. Yes new weapon and armor systems if people want them. Yes a cool place to be, an interesting, diabolically twisted plot with devious and cunning enemies (and friends). But I think making sure that the player feels like his/her choices MATTER, not just that they effect the world, but that they effect the gameplay. I want them to make me want to play it more than once, at least to see what cool stuff I'm missing out on if I had made choice A in the beginning instead of choice B.

"It is not yet our time to fall from the scaffolding."--Jose Saramago, from Death With Interruptions

• It's going to be an MMO, supposedly.

btw how do you add a sig?

• it should be set in space

• Personally, I don't see why Bethesda would want to enter the MMO territory. It goes against everything the Elder Scrolls has been really, and I think it will sterilize the franchise. I mean in all honesty, outside of the setting, there really is no one thing that will transfer well into an MMO. Bethesda would have to totally rework and reimagine everything, and then balance out the game and bugs, and it would just be a mess.

Also, why would you want to pitch one of your most successful IP's into the mess that is the MMO market? I gave MMOs a fair shake, I did, but everytime I played one I never felt like, "Wow! This is the best, this is so much fun!" Everything you do is pointless, there is no progression or true "end", which I get is a nice selling point for some people, but I don't need a reason to keep giving some guys my money every month.

Its a social thing, I get it ok? All I'm saying is, please don't make The Elder Scrolls into an MMO. Please?

• No to MMO territory with TES V...

I want more world interactivity, what's the point of food, sitting, inter-NPC conversations if they don't feel real or have no purpose?

There's a fine line between not listening and not caring... I walk that line everyday.

• I would love if the next one would not just be in a single player campaing mode but u can also use youre character in an mmo mode

Stats3579

• anyone ever think about a futuristic elder scrolls game???

Something to wonder about

Page 2 of 26 (378 items) 12345»