www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

The official Fallout New Vegas thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 114 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • Yes, i've played through fallout 3 many times, going on my 4th with PS3 GOTY. Admittedly, there are a few scares that i've gotten in the sewers and tunnels of the DC wasteland. I was thinking of more of like a romero style game. I like left for dead kind of, but its to liniar. I think it would be neat to have a game where you'd need to raid stores for surplus and equipment and do it before you become candy for a ghoul. I think i'd get the new fallout even if it sucked just because bethesda hasn't steared me wrong yet.

• @ Louie

Okay I get what you mean now, but sorry to spoil it for you a bit - Fallout New Vegas is being developed by Obsidian and published by Bethesda. That shouldn't steer you away from the game though - Obsidian is comprised of many of the developers from the first two Fallout games, which were great games. If anyone besides Bethesda could pull off a great Fallout game, it's the minds behind the original.

tachyon604

• I havent played the first two, i've been thinking about trying to find them though. I love where they are taking games. I like knowing that my actions affect the game up until the end. Though i have yet to bring myself to destroy Megaton, i will some day when i'm having an off day. :P What other games have Obsidian done?

• LaurenIsSoMosh:

Louie:

they should make a fall out game but with zombies.

Feral ghouls are, more or less, zombies.

Poor Gob would be so sad by what you just said. 

However, Feral ghouls were like zombies for the game. It was almost too much fun going into one of the subways with a shotgun.

• Dear god. You sad people who think Obsidian (Black Isle, the team who started Fallout) will not do as good a job as Bethesda (who made Fallout: Oblivion) need to play some classic games. Fallout and Fallout 2 are some of the greatest games I've ever played. New Vegas will be awesome.

If you bred HK-47, Shale, Chai Ka and Wrex, the gaming world would explode from sheer badassery.

• I am very excited about this game.  The exploration and adventure aspect of bethesda's games is something i'm trying to implement into my game.    I really hope area 51 does indeed appear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're interested please support my new video game project.  One Click for you, one step towards my dream for me.

• Area-51 has too appear when I think of the 1950's Area-51 is oneof the fubjects that I think about, so it has to be included.

• Supersnake:

Poor Gob would be so sad by what you just said. 

I shot Mordin to set Gob free, but the ghoul was too faithful to his duty. =/

EDIT: LoL, Mordin... *ahem* Moriarty.

Demon of Elru:

Dear god. You sad people who think Obsidian will not do as good a job as Bethesda need to play some classic games.

Different people will have different opinions. You have to remember that Black Isle and Fallout have been collecting dust for about a decade now.

Most people who've played Fallout 3 have probably never heard of Fallout previously. Couple this with the fact that the majority of gamers aren't aware that Obsidian formed from what was left of Black Isle, and it's not hard to understand why people aren't embracing New Vegas as readily as you or I might.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. A good game is a good game, and people will see that even if they don't see the history behind it.

• whaaattt, no ghouls, but then my terrible shotgun, wont be able do its job... they better have area 51, at least add it within a dlc if it wont be included. As for the meaningless objects matt, I think they are there for pure enjoyment if you can get a rock it launcher. Yeah the objects makes a clutter, but you telling me bethesda should have made a world without those everyday objects. I mean, how unreal would it be if the only thing to drink out of is the nuka cola bottles... it would lose its vibe.

• then you are completely right, if i can't fire junk from my launcher, then they should do without the junk. in other sense, thank god for a rock it launcher to spice things up, damnem teddy bears... them suckers are gonna fly.

• listened to the podcast and from what I heard is that you will be able to mod your weapons, my ideas are maybe add bayonets, ACOG scopes and maybe laser dots.

They also asked Todd Howard about Elder Scrolls 5 and he laughed sarcastically saying you know that sounds like a great idea, I'll crack the whip on my devs when I get back!

• From another thread.

by maddkilo Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 07:19 PM

well said matthew, if the original minds of fallout can improve fallout 3 mechanics and graphics (with a revamped engine), and still work with the fps style given (especially the vats system), I think it would be too premature to say that fnv will be one of the best games of 2010. If they can take any tips from us gamers, I hope they improve interacting with other npc and random characters, customization with weapons and clothing, monetary system, interacting w/the enviroment and objects (why can't i see myself drinking a nuka cola or even a nuka cola in my hands if they are that good etc etc), emphasis on bringing back that awe and earie feeling of being alone in the abandon subways, and improve facial espresssions that can help when talking to people.

It wont hurt to also incorporate a page from bioware of transferring chracters and the decisions made in fallout 3 that will ultimately affect the way we can take on quests in fnv. Also i know the vehicles in fallout 3 are, well to put it nicely, not the kind of vehicle i would be seen in when killing mutants down the road. But from the timeline given, there had to be some old versions of the army jeep. I wouldnt mind putting a precision gatling laser in the back of that jeep.

These are just my idea, and hopefully the great minds of obsidian have already dwelved into these ideal improvements and already implying them into their test mods and engine. (wishful thinking at its best i know...)

wheres the podcast and other ideas i had was a co op system and tie mothership zeta with area 51. That would be awesome

• www.oxm.co.uk/article.php - Pod Cast page, click on the Click in light green.

they said there will be no Online mode or Co-op

Yes I would like a vehicle too, but if that was so I would want a bigger map.

Page 5 of 8 (115 items) «34567»