www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

The official Fallout New Vegas thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 114 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • Experience all the sights and sounds of fabulous New Vegas, brought to you by Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation. Explore the treacherous wastes of the Great Southwest from the safety and comfort of your very own vault: Meet new people, confront terrifying creatures, and arm yourself with the latest high-tech weaponry as you make a name for yourself on a thrilling new journey across the Mojave wasteland. A word of warning, however - while Vault-Tec engineers have prepared for every contingency,* in Vegas, fortunes can change in an instant. Enjoy your stay

Not really a lot of info , but this is off the Bethesda site , so I think they are still involved somehow . Plus if you read the original post here you will see that Obsidian  "was put together with many of the great minds behind the original game ".

Me thinks that Bethesda may be working on another project ( Elder Scrolls maybe ) , and subbed this one out to Obsidian , that doesnt mean it wont be great.

If I remember right Obsidian did KOTOR 2 did they not ? So I am not worried , New Vegas will still rock.

(I just looked it up , yes Obsidian did develop KOTOR 2 , Bioware of course made KOTOR 1 . If Obsidian does as well with New Vegas as they did with KOTOR 2 , then  I see an awesome game coming soon )

• Bethesda blows man fallout 3s graphics were terrible man vegas will be much better that's my prediction

• worldsdirtiestbird173:

Bethesda blows man fallout 3s graphics were terrible man vegas will be much better that's my prediction

You realize that New Vegas will have the same graphics as Failout 3, right?  Bethseda made Obsidian make the game with the GECK and a very small amount of time.  It'll look like a huge Fallout 3 mod, basically.

• I really want this game to be good. I loved the 3 and i hope this can live up to it.

If you want to read and have a conversation about the state of GI read my latest blog.

http://gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/gamefreak221_blog/archive/2010/07/02/if-you-read-one-thing-about-gi-this-year-make-it-this.aspx

• I think it will be good and like everyone else has stated I hope Obsidian does its job right and makes

it a great game, plus Area 51 would be an amazing DLC, but i might just help Seigi with the deathclaws if Obsidian

brings any shame to the Fallout series besides the fact that Bethesda probably has the deathclaws already

and is just waiting to see if they let them loose or not.

• If you're talking about New Vegas, you might want to read up on the game a little more.

• http://bethblog.com/

Just go to the source for info .

• mrbadpersonality:

http://bethblog.com/

Just go to the source for info .

ehhhhhhhhhh

go here http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53716

• Cool thanks for sharing

Nice , now I really can't wait for this game !

• From what I am reading on the Vault wiki, you will play as the courier (the guys the robot finds left for dead in the graveyard) not a vault dweller, very interesting. I wonder if there any vaults in New Vegas, I'm hoping for an Area 51.

I think there will be a vault 21 where the doctor who heals you is from.

• So what your saying is somehow Obsidian is going to link your character to a Vault Dweller? maybe the courier knew something that he shouldn't have known so some evil character tries to kill him but fails?

• The wiki states that Mitchell (the doctor who heals you) is presumed to be from a nearby vault, my guess is that the mafia put you out there in that graveyard.

I think they did this in Fallout 2 at New Reno to people they didn't like. I am also hearing that the 2 big factions battling it out will be the NCR and Caesar's Legion.

I have read that they might give the original Vault Dweller's pip-boy but that is just an internet rumor and you know how those go.

• Hiroshige:

You realize that New Vegas will have the same graphics as Failout 3, right?  Bethseda made Obsidian make the game with the GECK and a very small amount of time. It'll look like a huge Fallout 3 mod, basically.

You can't state these things as facts.

Obsidian is using the GECK, but they do have the capability to refine and improve the graphics if time and resources permit. Keep in mind that New Vegas takes place in a different geographical region that underwent a very different reaction to the Great War than D.C. did. Nevada is a desert region which, if I recall correctly, doesn't receive a direct hit from nukes.

To translate that into graphics, Obsidian will most likely spend a lot of time adding new models and textures (ones that they alone will be responsible for the visual quality of) such as that wheelie robot and of course all that sand, and they do have the capability of refining the graphics of existing models such as Brahmin and humans.

I don't expect New Vegas to be a feast for the eyes, but on the other hand I'm positive it will be notably better than Fallout 3. Bethesda laid the structural groundwork by designing basic combat and social role-playing systems, and for the most part Obsidian will probably be spending their time improving upon this existing structure, in which case graphics are a very available and easy category to improve.

EDIT: "There will be both dumb and intelligent super mutants, including the elite Nightkin."

I had been hoping for this. New Vegas is definitely going to be a worthy addition to Fallout, no doubt about it.

• I've seen plenty of scans, and unless they're going to retexture things before Fall comes, it's going to look just like Fallout 3.

• @ Jonathan

On the Fallout wiki articles/Fallout forum it states that Area 51 will make an appearance in the game, so we might expect to see something similar to the Mothership Zeta DLC for Fallout 3. Except hopefully they'll make it better. As for hardcore mode, I'm not really excited for that it'll just take away from the experience having to constantly drop ammo, run to find water, or hiding so that my character will finally heal. It's good to see Obsidian go back to their roots and bring back some of the team's original ideas for Fallout 3. Since the game takes place three years after Fallout 3, I'm hoping they'll tie into the lone wanderer's story somehow. Also it's a good thing that now you can't mess up your dialogue by failing a speech check, because that just annoyed me in the last game.

Here's a new source too:

fallout.wikia.com/.../Fallout:_New_Vegas_details_from_PlayStation_Magazine

tachyon604

Page 3 of 8 (115 items) 12345»