www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 33 Replies |
  • 9 Followers
  • The concept of leading other Assassins really excites me, but I'm skeptical of it at the same time. Pressing a button for instant back-up raised an eyebrow, and then I read a comment which likened it to Splinter Cell: Conviction's Mark and Execute feature, which really made me think less of it.

Fighting in Assassin's Creed was crap loads easy for the first game, and arguably easier in the sequel. You can take on potentially endless guards by yourself, but I've settled for waves of twenty and thirty. The thought of a win button in what is already an incredibly easy situation just seems... sad.

I'm also disappointed with the limitation on how many Assassins you can lead at any given time. They're being treated as important characters, with their own story arcs like in Mass Effect, but at the same time they're also being treated as a combat currency. If I want to invest in the story and learn about the hammer brute's past but my guild is full, I have to lead my archer lady to her death in order to make a slot available for him.

My disappointments obviously conflict with each other in that having maybe twenty Assassins would make it more of a win button than it already is, but I wish Ubisoft would work a way around it so that you could recruit all possible Assassins but only be able to summon so many at once...

Anyway, I'm beyond excited for more adventures with Ezio, with cannon fights, horse-to-horse combat, and general horse travel inside Rome. Considering the original Game Informer cover story for Assassin's Creed showed Altair on a horse while in Acre, it's taken a long time for it to get here.

• Sooo excited to play this game, I think multiplayer on Assasin's Creed will be unique and highly entertaining.

• Don't know but i cannot wait for this!!!! I know it may be over in AC3 with Desmond taking over but, i would love to see the assassin lineage extend to Japan. How awesome would it be to play as a ninja assassin? rhetoric question i already know its awesome

• The creators say they have enough material to stretch Assassin's Creed all the way to world war 2. That's a lot of games. but it'll be tough to make a game until then that'll beat out the renaissance era. They'll need new people too not just Desmond. Can't wait for the brotherhood.

• Yah, just pre-ordered it.

I'm a AC fan all the way.

• Just pre-ordered it for the PS 3 so looking forward to playing the MP beta next month.

• Is anybody else so excited to play this that their head nearly explodes from the awesomeness of it?

• I could care less about the multiplayer, really.  What I'm interested in is the same empowering, assassinating gameplay and the story.

I was skeptical at first of even "continuing" Ezio's story (because I think it's safe to assume that he becomes the master assassin and leaving Borgia alive is a more painful plot point/historical fact than it is helpful).  As well as essentially destroying what you built up last game so you can build it up again.

I'm excited though because since the first game I've enjoyed the thrill of the kill and the intelligent and historical story arc of the story.  So the single player better blow me away.  It would be naive of me to not be skeptical, because the potential for bungling is high anytime you're releasing a "filler" episode.  But because the storyline has been so professionally crafted, there's lots of space to work with (particularly in Renaissance Italy).

I still would like it if they were getting back to Desmond's story though.

• This game is supposed to be the bridge between Ezio's story and Desmond's story. Since AC1 they've been training Desmond, in the beginning of AC2 you realize Desmond is actually picking up some of the techniques, and you play his character for a short bit. With the glyphs in AC2 you also realize that the situation with Abstergo is starting to become more and more apparent. In ACB it's supposed to be even more so. I wouldn't say that after this we're going to Desmond's story, but ACB is definitely supposed to develop Desmond more and make him more than the medium we experience his ancestors in.

• I, for one, am putting all of my hope in the direction the multiplayer takes. There hasn't been an amazing assassin-like multiplayer experience since Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory on the original Xbox, which is my most memorable and exciting online experience to date. I even rate it above my endless hours spent on Halo 2.

Basically, if it's multiplayer is that of Chaos Theory or more, it's a first-day buy for me. If not, I'll rent it eventually.

• poisontongue:
    I still would like it if they were getting back to Desmond's story though.

Yes they are it was in the Resistance GI you play Desmond in Ezio's villa, which now has a modern look to it.

• I would be much more pumped if they would stop delaying these games for months after the console releases for PC. Getting a little sick and tired of this.

• what evr happend to assassins creed

IM A GOD AND THERE IS A PRICE TO PAY, AND IM A GOD AND THIS IS JUDGEMENT DAY!!!!!
  • lets face it assassins creed isnt the same they have made alot of changes from hidden blade stabs to crossbow fire

IM A GOD AND THERE IS A PRICE TO PAY, AND IM A GOD AND THIS IS JUDGEMENT DAY!!!!!
  • yes we all know adding multi player to assassins creed was a risky move but so far people have been occupied enough to forget the games real motive: complete campaign

Page 2 of 3 (34 items) 123