www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

Portal 2 **OFFICIAL**

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 60 Replies |
  • 16 Followers
  • @ ithinkurpedkac

All those letters you posted look fake to me. Either you made them, or someone else outside of Valve is making these and lying to you.

There are too many "The Cake Is A Lie" jokes, along with numerous typos.

• I still have yet to get Portal 1. I've always wanted it because the demo amazed me, but I've never really been able to play it.

• Hell Yeah:

http://kotaku.com/5564298/valve-steam-portal-2-coming-to-ps3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-No_qvE5ItA

• I think this game stole the show. It looked more polished than any game other than Gran Turismo 5, and there's still an entire year left in development. I can't even imagine how good it's going to look then.

• MatsudaTohu:

I still have yet to get Portal 1. I've always wanted it because the demo amazed me, but I've never really been able to play it.

GTFO and play Portal!

Don't came back until you play it.

[/fanboy rant]

Say no to walls of text. Just hit the enter key. 

• Here's actual Demo gameplay of the game:

Here's the teaser in HD:

I've been working at a Boy Scout camp for a week now, taking a short break for the time being, and I have to say that I got chills at watching the teaser to this game, as well as the actual gameplay elements to this game.

I'm probably looking forward to this game most (on PS3!), as well as the Ocarina of Time remake on 3DS and the new Zelda game on Wii!

My God... This is most definitely the best year in gaming that I've seen, announcements-wise...

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until 2011 for this one... :-(

• Is Steam coming to the 360? If not this is a major win for Sony.

• no i dont think steam is coming for the 360...or atleast ive heard nothing about it...

• IGN has the best preview of the game so far. (I say this mostly because of video quality.)

Observations:

• Each Valve employee asked about Portal 2 for PS3 has basically said "It will be the best version of Portal 2 *cough* on consoles *cough*." I don't doubt this is true because it's got Steam integration, I just think Valve is keeping something special for PC gamers only.

• While watching one of the walkthrough videos in the IGN preview, I heard a Valve employee say "And then the second...uh, at least that we'll be showing you today, is this Propulsion Gel." More gels to come? (A sticky gel might be fun.)

• If Wheatley is any indication, it appears as if GlaDOS was not well-liked by many of the other robots in the facility. Sounds like she was sort of a tyrannical dictator over the whole place, which makes sense. There may even be other robots capable of running the facility whom she has kept locked into some routine task or something and could be getting out now. (Like Wheatley, who was threatened with death if he didn't stay on his track and do whatever his task was.)

• Valve says they spent a year play-testing the original Portal in its finished state, and they'll have to take even longer to play-test Portal 2 because it has co-op. Hopefully this doesn't push the release date back even further...

• Why haven't we seen any co-op gameplay yet?

And here's the trailer again in HD and full-screen.

• Vipera ViRuS:

As far as story. It was clear that it was a corporation that created Glados and the Portal Gun (Aperture Science) so even with the "death" of Glados, it'd be highly likely that they had separate buildings with different versions of Glados (assuming it was not a mass produced machine).

*ALERT NEXT PARAGRAPH CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Obviously is they built it once, they can build it again, but as far as the main character, and why they rebuilt the items? I really would have no clue. I would really like to see the return of the character from the original except based off the original ending, it seems highly unlikely that she survived.

*END SPOILERS*

The thing is with Portal I felt it was just perfect. It forced you to think, the puzzles were entertaining and new with each one, and it ended within a reasonable time, before the puzzles began getting tedious/overdone.

With the announce of the second, I'm assuming it will no longer be piggybacked on something else, therefore it'll be it's own full length game, which would imply if it were only puzzles, I'd feel it might get tedious or the game would feel too short for the price (assuming retail $60 price).

Otherwise, the game would require something new to it, most likely combat of some sort, but I feel that would take away from the pureness of the original game.

Overall, I trust Valve, they do a great job with video games for the most part. I'm very much so looking forward to it

dunno if anyones covered this yet but the Glados that was destroyed was actually more of a conduit for the program, it's an AI program that can transfer from console to console, just because one of her stations was destroyed doesn't mean the AI was destroyed itself, hence "Still Alive"

"If you really loved me you'd all kill yourselves right now"  -Spider Jerusalem

• I'll probably end up getting the PS3 version so I can get the code for the PC version.

2 for the price of 1 sounds really good to me.

• Code for PC? What is this?

• Wow, I just saw a billboard for Portal 2 in Maple Grove.  I can't remember the last time I saw a billboard for any videogame.  

• After seeing the TV spot for this, I really can't wait. After the massive success of the original I doubt there is much they can do to ruin the sequal. I will have to get the 360 version of it though, which is apparently getting a bum deal in comparison to the PS3 version.

• I just bought the game and I am waiting for my RL to sign onto XBL and do some co-op!!!

Page 3 of 5 (61 items) 12345