www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

Reporting for Dumb Stuff, and Muting.

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 5 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • So I've noticed that knifing only in COD: Black Op's gun game and other such things have become popular, and I myself have enjoyed it a few times. It changes things up, and it's amusing how angry people get over virtual COD points.

What I don't get is people threatening to report you for stuff like that. It's not cheating, it's a mechanic of the game, and just a different way to play it. I hate camping, I think it's a crap way to play, but I don't go reporting them for playing the game differently than I do.

Yeah, I know, Call of Duty isn't always the most mature community, but damn, people need to calm down.

Another COD thing that dumbfounds me, people who will scream at other people to shut up instead of pressing two buttons to mute them. Here you are acting more annoying than the person who could be simply muted, and for what? Do you think this person will stop talking/making noises/playing music/whatever just because you can't hit mute, and yell instead? I don't get it at all.

A zombie ate my signature.

• This would make a good blog, I like your ideas.

check out my blog!

Rainheart, I'll never forget you.

• Thanks. I'll probably throw this in there. :)

• Welcome to online gaming (and yes, the CoD community in general). Sad to say but it's true that, for the most part, people will threaten (and sometimes do) report you for killing them. It's not because of what you did but the simple fact that you beat them. You don't report people for camping because you're respectful and don't make it more than it is.

• Reporting for dumb stuff is almost as dumb as this pointless rant.  Sorry, but that's the truth. You've just taken your rage, and placed it on a different medium. You're no better than the people you're ripping on. That may sound harsh, but if you look at what you've written, it's hard to deny.

I5 3570K - MSI GD65 Z77 - CORSAIR H100i - CORSAIR HX-850w - GALAXY GTX 660TI GC SLI - CORSAIR 500R - 8gb KINGSTON HYPERX BLUE 1600mhz - 120GB KINGSTON HYPERX SSD

• I've seen a lot when it comes to online gaming, this was just new to me.

As for Red, in order for it to be a rant, it'd have to be posted out of anger, not confusion. I know you can't tell tone of voice online, but you can tell the difference between a wall of text b*tching about something, and a more carefully typed post stating that you're asking questions.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)