www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Why do 70% of the GI readers feel MS should NOT announce its own VR?

Not Answered This question is not answered
All Replies
  • Maybe people don't think it'll be a bad thing, maybe they just think it isn't really needed. Virtual Reality certainly interests me, but I wouldn't say I'm completely sold on the idea. I don't even care that Sony have announced their own.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • Not fanboys, real gamers used to classic and motion controllers, no need for virtual reality if you ask me, not for MS, Sony or even Nintendo, because Nintendo once tried and failed.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • I am a huge Microsoft fanboy. Xbox, Pc,  wont even buy an apple phone. I am all for Virtual Reality. I think Microsoft is a large enough company and their is a lot of potential with this device. I believe they will incorporate it respectively as they have Kinect. Kinect is here, its here to stay but not every game Demands it, you can still drop the kinect and play a game without its features, but it sure does make some things better. I believe microsoft will make the right moves with the VR and fully support it.

Check Out XboxCulture.com/raffles - July 2014 Giveaway is Sniper Elite 3 & (2) $50 Gift Cards!

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • I say no because we don't need another HD-DVD/BluRay race.  I like competition and all that but with some things having too many options is not a good thing, especially this early in a new technology.  There is going to be a big learning curve for developers trying to get games to work correctly in VR, both from a design and technical stand point.  What we don't need is 15 different VR devices all with different features and specs.  In time when these issues have been figured out/resolved more competition will be welcomed.  But right now the last thing we want is 15 different VR headsets where a game may function on these 3 models, but not the other 12.  Once there is an industry standard in terms of specs that all the hardware will support a certain feature set then open the flood gates. 

We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

Steam - palor700   XBL - LooneyPilot   paxgaming.com

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • In my opinion, VR needs to wait a little longer. I realize that the more they work with it, the better they'll get but that could be said with the Xbox One in general. Perfect your machine (as close as you can) and THEN worry about the awesome peripherals. I support VR, just wait.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)