www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Reviews in Wikis

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 6 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • Hey everyone, I notice a lot of users are posting game reviews in the Wikis. The Wikis are for game guides and cheats. Please use the reader reviews section for your reviews. We're also working on a User Reviews forums as well. In one week, all non game guide wikis will be removed so please capture your work and repost it in the right section.

Pants!

• On a related topic, I've noticed that the reviews archive is horribly incomplete, since the switch to the new site design. Are there plans to port over the older reviews from the old format to the new, or are older reviews pretty much relegated to the "internet dustbin" at this point? I noticed this, when I was looking for the reviews of all games in the Midnight Club series, to compare how earlier entries in the series compared to MC: Los Angeles. However, the reviews for MC3: Dub Edition Remix and everything else prior to MC:LA appear to be gone. Vanished. Kaput.

Please tell me these older reviews are not gone for good, but are simply a temporary casualty of the site transition process. I honestly value your magazine's reviews more highly than any other, and only rely on reviews from other sources for either games you just didn't bother with, for one reason or another, or games that came out on console and PC, where I may be looking to see how the PC version stacked up to the consoles. The (formerly) deep archives of the Game Informer website have been a great tool, for comparing various entries in series of games, to see if a new release is worth buying, or if (particularly with sports games) an earlier release is actually superior to something more current. PLEASE put the "archive" titles in the new site's database, or at least give us a way to access that one aspect of the old site. PLEASE?!?

k1darkknight

Dayton, OH

• I'd also like to know if there are any plans to bring the old reviews onto the the new site.

• Yeah, really annoying being limited to writing reviews and guides to games that are only listed under the current list. It gives members who can afford the newest games a leg up in the point system to gain more access and privileges on the site. What ever happened to Quality being the focus?

• yes, i would very much like a user review forum. thank you game informer.

Shineyandallthatjazz.blogspot.com

• i could say the review section needs some work but i see no point of bring to old reviews back if there like more than 3 years old.

I'm a Legendary GI member.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)