www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Zune HD or iPod Touch?

Not Answered This question is not answered
All Replies
  • I'd say iPod touch. You already know the OS and how it functions as a device. Plus, who has a Zune? I know exactly 0 people. But if you know people with them then that's a plus. I tried playing with one at Wal-Mart or Best Buy, can't remember. I didn't like it much. Love my 4th gen iPod touch.

• Went in to buy an Ipod Touch and left with a Zune HD. Found the interface easy to use and amazed at how the music information automatically updated, even ones taken from limewire (I owned the songs, just couldn't find the CD at the time). There is a problem with the the limited selection of Apps, but they're all free and come with Audiosurf and PGR racing. Alarm clocks and such along with those.

I never leave home without it and I download the GI podcast from Zune Marketplace every week. Don't put down what isn't popular.

"Always make them laugh, try to make them cry. Always take the stage like it's the last night of your life." Frank Turner.

• rweso3:

I'd say iPod touch. You already know the OS and how it functions as a device. Plus, who has a Zune? I know exactly 0 people. But if you know people with them then that's a plus. I tried playing with one at Wal-Mart or Best Buy, can't remember. I didn't like it much. Love my 4th gen iPod touch.

Honestly, the fact that I know the iPod OS is what makes me so leery about getting another one. I've messed with Zune's OS and I found the interface more inviting and easier to use than the iPod's. I like the apps, but having had an Android smartphone the two years or so, I use the apps more often on that than my music player, so that isn't a major issue to me.

• Microsoft sadly, has discontinued the Zune. So if you found one, kudos. I've been a Zune user for years, and was pretty disappointed to find out about the cancellation. In fact it's why I came to the forums.

Zune Pass is an amazing deal for anyone who likes to explore music. I need to find a new subscription based music provider when my Zune finally breaks since Zune Pass only works on Zunes and I believe windows phones.

Crash XVII- The guy with the lame forums signature.

• zune it up..... I dunno I just hate apple and everything they represent.... lol I dont even own either I just own some sansa mp3 player that has a slot for extra memory, seein how its made by the same ppl that makes all the memory cards lol....

• Well, since the Zune is being discontinued, I would imagine you'd want to go with the iPod.  Or, just get an Android phone and load it up with a large capacity SD card and listen to music from your phone.  That's what I do.

Plus, apps like Amazon Cloud exist which allow you to upload everything to their servers and listed wherever you are.  So much better than dealing with putting songs on your phone and space limitations.

Xbox: VA1N || PS3: t_tocs || Steam: VA1N

• Microsoft has discontinued its Zune players, and iPods are great.  

• Microsoft discontinued the Zune player but they are still keeping the actual Zune Software because otherwise they would need to make a new launch software for Windows Phones to connect to the computer. I still subscribe to Zune and transfer all the DRM-free stuff to a micro SD card for my phone.

I mean the Zune HD is really nice. If you aren't out there for apps but are looking for an actual music player, then Zune HD out competes in terms of being a music player. Not a wannabe spin-off of the iPhone without the phone part.

Also, keep subscribing to Zune. I had Rhapsody awhile back for 2 months and then thought to myself, "Why pay $10 a month for just licensing rights? I don't even own the music.". Another down side to Napster and Rhapsody is that you had to be connected to listen. If you went offline, it became troublesome.

Yes, I have a little problem with Apple seeing how I am surrounding by Apple fanboys and fangirls at school. I can't step one foot without hearing "OMG! I need the new iPhone or MacBook!". Other than that, they do make good products. The mainstream does get annoying at times. Thanks Apple.

Please do not feed the trolls. Violation of Internet Health Safety Code 115270-3B Subsection 2 Paragraph 1. Violators are punishable to up to 5 years in internet shame.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)