www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

"The Movie Game"

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 400 Replies |
  • 4 Followers
  •  

Ok let me start off by saying that I'm not trying to take away from the current movie game that exists i'm actually a fan of the thread myself. I can say this is a very different kind of game then the picture game since it uses no pictures.

This is a game.me and my brother created a few years back. A game for movie lovers. A game that will test your knowledge of actors and actresses.....and i mean all of them. It's very simple to play but read my instructions very carefully cause it can confuse you..... it confuses most at first. Once you understand the concept and how it works it can be fun.

How To Play:

Whoever starts the game must think of two actors who have been in any film together....it doesn't matter if they've been in multiple films together.....that adds to the fun.

So, for example lets just say........

Robert DeNiro and Ben Stiller

(Meet The Parents)

Now everybody else's role in the game is to guess the movie these actors have been in together. For sake of explanation I put the name of the movie next to the actors. If you are the one who guesses the movie first you get a point and it's now you turn.

You can do two things with your turn to move the game along.

1:   Using the two previously stated actors you can choose from one of them, however which one you choose is kept secret and only you are to know which one it is. Once you pick which of the two you want to use you state the name of another actor/actress your "secret" choice has been in a film with.

For example... say i was going to use Robert DeNiro as my "secret" choice. I'd then say Jessica Alba. So now everybody first must guess which of the two previous actors I might be using and then connect them to the new actor/actress. The answer to that one is (Machete) and the connection is Robert DeNiro to Jessica Alba. With the right two actors/actresses this loop can go for a long time.

2:  You can pick a new set of actors/actresses if you so choose

So those are the rules....i hope they make sense to you guys i spent a long time writing this..... so i really hope so. Now when me and my brother played we never really kept score it was more or less a drinking game for us. If you guys actually help me get this game off the ground to get it going I will definitely begin keeping score....idk crown a winner every couple of weeks or something, but i cant do nothing with out you movie fans out there.

As i stated before I'm sorry for posting this here but I just wanted to get my game out there and see if you guys wanted to play. If your going to play please have the courtesy to write your answers from the mind and not the internet...the point of the game is to test your mind. Anybody can look up the answer there's no fun in that. If you have questions please ask. Thanks for reading and i hope to get some guesses soon.

I start the game with:

Hugh Jackman and John Travolta.

Beer is the answer, but I can't remember the question.

• Swordfish

• we have our first response....and that answer is correct.

now it is your turn cscove......

cscove- 1

• Alright then. Scarlett Johansson.

• oooh. thats a good one. let me get back to you on that one.........btw cs if i or nobody else can guess it you get another point

• ok i thought about it..... the prestige?

• Nice try. but unfortunately no that is the incorrect film.

• ok then....since it seems we are the only 2 playing i grant you another point and it is your turn again....

cscove-2

• In that case the movie you were looking for was Scoop. And the actors are now Noomi Rapace and Mikael Nyqvist.

• im not very educated on foreign films, if it is a foreign film i cant answer so therefore you get another point

• It is a foreign film and I will avoid doing more of them from here on out. The film was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. So now I will keep Noomi Rapace and throw Robert Downie Jr. into the mix.

• havent seen that movie yet....i heard mixed things.

well now.....sherlock holmes?

• Correct. I personally enjoyed it. Although I do enjoy most Guy Ritchie films (except for Swept Away) so I'm a bit biased.

• i love guy ritchie......revolvers a personal favorite.

so i finally get a point.

and Ill keep those 2 and ill add mel gibson...

cscove-3

king-1

• I assume it's a movie with Mel and Downie but unfortunately I can't think of what movie they are in together. So here is a stab in the dark Mad Max.

Page 1 of 27 (401 items) 12345»