www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

Craigslist Trade gone wrong... Need advice quick!

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 1 Reply |
  • 2 Followers
  • Ok, so just the other day I traded my 60gb ps3 for some guys sim xbox 360. So it all began when I posted an ad on Craigslist.  I was originally planning on selling the ps3 cause I needed the cash, however the man offered me his xbox as a trade instead.  After thinking about it for a little while, I decided to do it and go along with the trade figuring I could just sell his xbox after the trade and get the cash I needed.  

Ok, so I drive half way across the city to meet the guy at his place so we can both check out eachothers systems.  Both seem to be working, both read discs, controllers sync, etc.  We made the trade and I drive off.  An hour or so later, the guy texts me and tells me that the PS3 isn't reading discs now.  He also says that I had better come back and he will give me 50 dollars for the PS3, but that he isn't going to give me his xbox anymore.  

At this point, I had already sold his xbox and received cash for it, so I wasn't really sure what to do.  We both checked out eachothers consoles and everything worked fine. I'm not to sure what happened when I wasn't around so I am hesitant on meeting with him again.  He could have dropped it for all I know and maybe thats why its not reading.  Just looking for some advice guys.  Anything you all can offer will be appreciated.  

• Did you knowingly sell someone something broken?  Had you had the disc read issues happen intermittently to you?  If so, you shouldn't take advantage of the guy, and should be honest with him and find a way to make it right.  If your PS3 was honestly working perfectly beforehand I would prob tell him sale has already happened and you have never gotten this error in the past.  Also, how had you already sold his Xbox if he called you only 1 hour later?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)