Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Discuss Your Life Thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 4,683 Replies |
  • 137 Followers
  • Did it break your knife?!

• I hope you attacked its weak point for massive damage.

• Note to Mods:  I'm only asking because this because I'm curious.  I won't have any debate or anything.

Hey H.E. Pennypacker, what denomination are you?  You said you were going to ministry school?

• King Süshi:

As long as Faust, Mimi and Blade don't talk about their boobs, it should be OK.

Is that supposed to be funny?

• Chris:

I work 38 hours a week and barely pull in $500 every 2 weeks. I'm miserable with my current employment situation, but unfortunately no one wants to hire a broken former soldier. The best thing I have going for me is that my girlfriend is living with me, but she can't find work either because she got hip fractures from the military. So, I am supporting the 2 of us on $1000 a month. I'd get a second job, but I'm also trying to start college.

All in all, I'm stuck in a crap situation without a whole lot of options. Its why I come off as a jerk sometimes, or am completely goofy. Its my way to deal.

Well I admire you for being able to take care of yourself and your girlfriend on $1,000/month. I'm saving up for a house since I'm getting married next year. I make around $2500/month right now, but when things start rolling with our new plant in a month or two I'll be pulling about $3300/month with the overtime. I feel bad, because I think I've got it rough, then I hear of people like you. I feel stupid.

I'm not back! P.S. Blade still sucks. Also, Gamefreaks cannot compete with my love for Zelda!

• Tigereye:

So this is the new Good Day/Bad Day thread then?

Whatever. Good Day, because I got to use the new forums!

Goodnight everybody.

This thread preceded the Good Day/Bad Day thread on the old forums.  I don't know why it was deleted.

Anyway, I recently started going to community college and I kinda feel like it's a waste of time.  I want to go to a school for either fine art or music, but most of them are too expensive.

I was trying to find a job this summer, but there aren't any around here so I haven't really been looking much.  Basically, my life has just been eat, sleep, class; I haven't seen many of my friends recently and I have no money.

One thing I have been doing a lot is writing songs and practicing guitar/piano/recorder/other instruments I play.  One of my good pals from high school has a radio show and he wants me to do a live set for him.  I've also been preparing to record some music.  Alls I need to do is get a new processor and install a softwarez and I'll have some of it on myspace.

I'm really psyched about it too, cuz I'm gonna share it with you guys and you will cry with bewty and I'll win the forums that day.

Myrtle_the_Turtle

• ItsameMatt:

Chris:

I work 38 hours a week and barely pull in $500 every 2 weeks. I'm miserable with my current employment situation, but unfortunately no one wants to hire a broken former soldier. The best thing I have going for me is that my girlfriend is living with me, but she can't find work either because she got hip fractures from the military. So, I am supporting the 2 of us on $1000 a month. I'd get a second job, but I'm also trying to start college.

All in all, I'm stuck in a crap situation without a whole lot of options. Its why I come off as a jerk sometimes, or am completely goofy. Its my way to deal.

Well I admire you for being able to take care of yourself and your girlfriend on $1,000/month. I'm saving up for a house since I'm getting married next year. I make around $2500/month right now, but when things start rolling with our new plant in a month or two I'll be pulling about $3300/month with the overtime. I feel bad, because I think I've got it rough, then I hear of people like you. I feel stupid.

Well, give him a job!  I'm really sorry to hear that Twitch (I'm going to keep calling you Twitch).  Is there any chance you might could take on more responsibilities at your current job?  Then maybe you could get a raise.  At least it'd be worth talking to your manager about.  I don't know.  It's worth a shot.

• King Süshi:

As long as Faust, Mimi and Blade don't talk about their boobs, it should be OK.

I'll try my best(but seriously, they are pretty awesome. That is all!)

Today was my last day off before going back to work. I went to school then got more of my tattoo done. My friend Bonnie came over and somehow I ended up blacked out after drinking too much and woke up about an hour ago. Apparently the beer fairy came while I was sleeping.

Beyond that I woke up yesterday morning to find my cat sleeping on my keyboard, he had managed to remap a bunch of my keys and a bunch of other crap, and I finally got it sorted out. *** cat is crafty like that.

• iceap12:

ItsameMatt:

Chris:

Well, give him a job!  I'm really sorry to hear that Twitch (I'm going to keep calling you Twitch).  Is there any chance you might could take on more responsibilities at your current job?  Then maybe you could get a raise.  At least it'd be worth talking to your manager about.  I don't know.  It's worth a shot.

I work at a restaurant and I feel the only reason they hired me was because my brother has been working there for 4 years. I have been cross trained as a cook, prime, buffet front, and am currently working as commissary (prepping all food) and am only getting paid $7.50 an hour.  The only way I could learn more is to learn to do dress broil or grill and all of those require that there is an opening to learn.

• I think I dislocated my knee cap, I have work tonight but I guess I'll go to the hospital tomorrow. Should be interesting because I have no clue how you would fix that.

• I'm having a pretty good day, though the students here are making me depressed.  We've seen soooo many cases of Herpes type 1 and 2 in both places it's sad. They come in to get checked out but then they scream because it's so painful to touch them.  Peoples outbreaks are just disgusting.  To you frivalous people out there USE CONDOMS.  You can't get rid of herpes so don't get it.

• Yesterday was so totally metal. As soon as I got home I DL'd and played the Brutal Legend demo for about an hour before I went off to my Metallica concert, which was awesome. Once I got home I watched a good helping of Metalocalypse and went to sleep with some Slayer.

Today is so totally un-metal; my PS3 died.

• But in another way, the death of your PS3 COULD be metal if you hit it with a baseball bat.

• Finally good.  I could not get on these new forums for the life of me.  I tried IE and Firefox, and while I was able to log in on both, there was no reply window and I had no way to post anything.  I was finally able to post using AOL, which I hate by the way but at least it works.  I'm still having issues though.  The reply button on other users' posts usually only appears on the last post, and it doesn't work when I click on it anyway.  Also, sometimes the reply window appears floating over the top post in a thread.  It's probably my PC.

mind over mana

Page 2 of 312 (4,680 items) 12345»