www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Discuss Your Life Thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 4,683 Replies |
  • 137 Followers
  • So, I just realized earlier that I forgot to grab my clothes out of the laundry room before I went to bowling. Apparently, in the amount of time I was gone, my clothes all disappeared. 3 Dryers full of clothes. Gone. Then I find a bill I hadn't noticed in my stack of mail today. Apparently I forgot to pay my energy bill and now owe 2 months. Additionally, my brother never got the Dish cancelled when I let him know that they were still billing me through windstream, even though Dish has his name (so I can't cancel it) So now with those bills and my phone bill, I now owe more than my next paycheck is going to be. All in all bad day. Time to try and find a second job tomorrow.

• Last week I got into a car accident on my way to class.  So, long story short: it was my fault.  When I bumped her while moving at an unacceptable speed of 3mph, I caused a whopping $10 of damage.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Ten US Dollars.  Holy.  ***.

So the lady is claiming injury and whatnot.  Insurance company is investigating her for insurance fraud, and I'm LOLing at this whole *** scenario.

On another note: I just wrote my first real blog article.  It's a parody article, so none of the information is necessarily true.  Feedback?

Kojima-san doesn't need to make Metal Gear anymore

• As much as I want to resign from my job, I can't yet. I'll need to prove myself before I can kiss this company goodbye.

• DeadByDagger:

Last week I got into a car accident on my way to class.  So, long story short: it was my fault.  When I bumped her while moving at an unacceptable speed of 3mph, I caused a whopping $10 of damage.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Ten US Dollars.  Holy.  ***.

So the lady is claiming injury and whatnot.  Insurance company is investigating her for insurance fraud, and I'm LOLing at this whole *** scenario.

On another note: I just wrote my first real blog article.  It's a parody article, so none of the information is necessarily true.  Feedback?

Ah man, you gotta be kidding.  I bet it probably hurts more to have to break hard and suffer whiplash that it was for her to get hit at 3mph.  I mean come on, what injury was there?  Is she going to try to claim psychological injury or something?  I once accidentally backed up into another car in a parking lot and I bet I was going no faster than 3mph.  There was no personal injury from that, I just felt the little bump from hitting the other car.

• Oh things here have just been amazing...

My dad found out he has a more medical problems.

My friend lost a huge contract bid for British Petroleum $xxx,xxx amount.

My other friend is currently in jail because he fit the description of someone who started a huge wildfire in Yucaipa, CA. Only after 6 hours of a verbal lashing they got a false confession.

Another one of my friends cars got totaled on the 605. He got a bike (a regular 2 wheel one) since then we hardly hang out :(.

Things are not good as usual.

• Pack, are you positive your friend didn't actually start that fire?

You should read my Blog.  This week: once again, a Poetry JAM!

• Sucks bug :(

I haven't found the time nor felt like signing onto the forums since the redesign. For those of you who don't know, my father had a series of strokes during the summer and was hospitalized for over a month.

His therapy is progessing along great! He his able to walk a little bit assisted. He needs knee surgery

I because he has bad knees.

At least through this whole ordeal he wanted to get better and is on that road to recovery.

I had my first driving lesson Monday and will have my second one later this afternoon. Once I get my license I can expand my search for a job, which at this point has been fruitless :(

Say no to walls of text. Just hit the enter key. 

• I've been coming to GI forums since 2004.

Just got back from a tour in Iraq.  It was hot, dusty, boring, and stressfull.  The hottest it got was 140.  I dislocated my elbow practicing martial arts and threw by back out while over there.

Now it feels weird being back.  I was programmed and instatutionalized and now I'm trying to adjust.

GI's unofficial MMA Blogger!  Check it out!

• It's good to have you back littlejoe.  If there's anything we can do to help you adjust back to civilian life, let us know.  You come back and now the site's all different on you too.  Don't worry though, it's only been like this for 8 days now, so we're all still getting used to it.

• littlejoe:

I've been coming to GI forums since 2004.

Just got back from a tour in Iraq.  It was hot, dusty, boring, and stressfull.  The hottest it got was 140.  I dislocated my elbow practicing martial arts and threw by back out while over there.

Now it feels weird being back.  I was programmed and instatutionalized and now I'm trying to adjust.

It fades with time bro. I know for me it took about 6 months to really feel like I was making some progress to readjusting. Just don't get frustrated when it doesn't happen overnight. I'd suggest making certain to get your back and elbow checked out by doctors, just to ensure that you have it documented for when you get out. It will make it easier to file claims with the VA when you get out. I never made it to Iraq so I don't know exactly what that theatre is like, but I know there isn't that much of a difference from Afghanistan, so if you need any help, just say the word.

So, welcome back and hope things get better soon.

• I was planning on going to a Dear and the Headlights concert here in Austin on Friday, but decided against it since I couldn't find anyone to go with.  So I was planning on doing all of my homework on Saturday and Sunday.  Then one of my friends from San Antonio called me on Saturday and asked if I wanted to go with him to the same concert but in San Antonio that day.  I decided to go with him and had a really good time at the concert.  I slept over at his place and he drove me back to Austin today at around 4pm.  He wanted to go to some clothing stores here, so we spent more time there, and I didn't get to start on my homework until around 6:30.  I did a lot of it though, and tomorrow I only have one class in the morning, so I plan on doing the majority of it tomorrow.  

• My wife has been sick all weekend so I've been trying to take care of her and not get sick at the same time.  I've also been really tired lately.  I don't know why. It's like unnaturally tired.  I got a good 8 hours of sleep on Sat and today but I spent all day just being really exhausted.  Hope I'm not coming down with something.

• I'm a gamer....I have no life :(

PSN: zenitram_27

• I just realized, a girl I'm seeing looks a lot like Ada Wong from the RE series.

• iceap12:

My wife has been sick all weekend so I've been trying to take care of her and not get sick at the same time.  I've also been really tired lately.  I don't know why. It's like unnaturally tired.  I got a good 8 hours of sleep on Sat and today but I spent all day just being really exhausted.  Hope I'm not coming down with something.

Been there a few times man.  Pay attencion to the spit swapping, and wash your hands.  You two are not allowed to get sick at the same time.

On a side note, I have been feeling kinda tired myself lately.  I raised my B vitamins yesterday with some other natural complex.  Felt pretty good, so I'll keep messing with it till I feel more like myself.

Page 5 of 312 (4,680 items) «34567»