Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

The Newcomer Introduction Thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 3,694 Replies |
  • 250 Followers
  • Hello fellow gamers!

My name is Tom, but my friends call me Gibby. I'm 23 years old, and I currently live in Massachusetts. I've been a gamer since the days of NES, and i'm a freelance writer, so expect me to post gaming blogs and reviews from time to time. I also subscribe to GameInformer which is, by far, my favorite source for gaming news, previews, and reviews. I'm the proud owner of a XBox 360, a Wii, and a Playstation 2. One of these days i'm going to get a Playstation 3. I swear!

Anyway, I can't wait to make new friends and be a part of many interesting discussions. Also, I would like to thank the GI staff for the many months they spent creating an excellent website for all gamers.

I'll see you all on the boards!

"Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about."

• I'm just here for the achievements.  And Recon of course.

If I ever say anything that offends you.  My little brother was logged into my account.

• Hello, my name is Jordan, aka Ninja (yes I get the joke "what's up my ninja?" all the time).  I've been reading GI since around 6th grade, now I'm a sophomore in college.  Love the magazine, never really noticed the online presence until now.  Looking forward to being a regular on the forums.

For the record, I hate waffles.  I tend to call games I hate waffles.  This has confused people in the past, so I'm just clearing it up now.  If I call something a waffle, I hate it.

Turtwig is my homeboy.

• Do you like pancakes?

"Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about."

• Hey all! Been a member for a while, just not very active in the forums.  Thought i'd give it a try, what with the shiny new website and all.

See ya around!

"Never take a life carelessly. It cheapens you, and diminishes you. Take life seriously, if taking life is your profession."

• I guess not technically new.  I've been subscribed to the magazine for awhile, although there was a gap of a few months where I forgot to renew.  Wish I had taken better care of the magazines though, I want to start a collection of them.

Anyway, I've actually been registered to this for well over a year now.  But guess what.  I never even knew the forums existed. :P  Just thought the old site was for news.

Looking forward to being a part of the community.  I'm thinking of creating a blog for a weekly or biweekly piece on the indie flash games scene.  Might be able to spur up some interest here for that.

So hi, this redesign is awesome, and the community looks really nice.  Good to be here.

• Welcome all!

• Hey, what's up?  I'm Crash, I am new to the site.  I like all kinds of music, especially rock, I love video games.  My main console is a 360, and the two games I am most looking forward to are Brutal Legend (Next week!) and Darksiders.  I'm a pretty fun guy, so if you have any questions just hit me up.

SHENANIGANS!!!

• Welcome, guys.  Don't make me angry.

...in the shower.

• Hi guys & gals,

My name is Marc, I'm writer and designer. Never really paid much attention to GI before, always considered it a little soft on reviews and a tad biased due to it's connection with Gamestop and it's advertisers. But I'm willing to give it a second shot. I love the redesign of both the site and mag and will even pick up a new subscription. I love the integration of community and can't wait to become an active member.

• whats up people,new here love the mag. used to be in gp.com forums but too many fanboys get away with everything lol.

• Hey, I'm (secret name), but everyone just calls me (secret nickname) or Pedro for short.  I got a subscription to GI two Christmases ago, but it ran out last year, and I still need to renew it... :-S

I've never interacted with the community or the editors on a level like this, so bear in mind that if I ever offend, it is NEVER on purpose.  If I tease you, I'm not doing it out of spite, I'm trying to lighten the mood and be friendly.  Now that that's out of the way...

I am an online high schooler, so I like to check in to the forums every now and then.  Occasionally, I stay a little longer than intended (like right now), but that just means that you're rid of me for longer later on.

A cool job I would love is a game journalist, preferably at Game Informer (obviously :-) ).  Of course, we can all dream, and odds are that it won't happen, but regardless, that's what I'd like to do after college.

I've got more details on my profile, if you want to have a look-see.  See you guys later! :-)

Of course, that's what I said last time, isn't it?

• I've been a magazine subscriber for a while, but now that the new website is up I think the time is ripe to check GI out online. So yeah, kind of a newbie.

The Grave Is No Bar to My Call.

• hey, i'm paul.

I've been reading the magazine for...a year now, when I first got a job, I was bored, and another guy that got fired left his mags, and I picked em up and starting reading them, haven't stopped since. I'm new to the community, and I may not get around much (on teh interwebz), but feel free to add me though. But you can count on seeing me here around a lot more, I have been looking for another site to chill on (gamespot has gotten kind of old), so I am probably gonna chill here.

• Welcome, everybody.  Good to see some new guys...

...in the shower.

Page 3 of 246 (3,686 items) 12345»