The lights are on
Veteran Member - Level 11
I thought I would follow up my top 10 games of 2009 with a look to the future as I will explore what I believe, when it's all said and done, will be the top 10 games of 2010. Now I am making this list with having played none of the games that are currently out in 2010, as I have been spending a lot of time finishing old titles from 2009. That all changes this weekend as I break into Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2, so before I do that I want to give my predictions for a year that a lot are saying is going to be the greatest year in gaming history. Some of these games have not been officially announced yet and some might be delayed until next year, but as of right now this is what I think will be the top ten games of 2010!
10. Super Mario Galaxy 2- If this is anything like the first one, then it will diffenitly be one of the top games of 2010, if it is any better then it could be the best.
9. Call of Duty: Vietnam/Cold War- Treyarch has already shown me that they're capable of making an awesome Call of Duty game that nearly matches the greatness of Infinity Ward's, so I see no reason why this game won't be one of the best games of the year. Plus, who wouldn't want more Nazi Zombies or Vietkong Zombies, whatever it will still be fantastic.
8. Red Dead Redemption- This game looks so cool and if it follows the formula of previous Grand Theft Autos, there is no way it's not going to be one of the stand out titles of 2010.
7. Fable 3- I'm a huge Fable fan and I may not love everything that I've been hearing about this upcoming title, but I do trust Peter to deliver another great experience in Albion.
6. Mass Effect 2- I've already heard so many great things about this game and I can't wait to start playing it. It seems like this game is truely changing the way gamers and game developers think about story telling in games and I believe it will always be remembered for that.
5. Battlefield: Bad Company 2- There is so much hype surrounding this game that it is making me, a guy who has never really gotten into Battlefield games, want to buy it and give it a shot. I think this game could have all the tools and the fanbase to dethrone the FPS juggernaught Call of Duty. If it does this, Bad Company 2 will always be remembered as the giant killer.
4. Gears of War 3- This game hasn't been announced yet and it makes me mad because it should have been by now, if they're following the 2 year cycle that the first and second had. But if this game is released this year I haven't a doubt in my mind that it will be one of the greatest pure action experiences ever created and will be at the forefront in the multiplayer wars of 2010.
3. Halo: Reach- The other game involved in the great multiplayer wars of 2010 will be this game and I believe this one will win. The beta coming in a couple of months will get people amped up in a way that is unparalled to any other game out there. This game looks awesome and I think it is the game that Halo fans have been waiting for for the past 3 years.
2. The New Zelda- Another game that hasn't been announced yet, but I believe will be given that Mario 2 is being released in May, thus freeing up the holidays for this stand out title. Every Zelda game ever made is pure gold and this one will be no different.
1. God of War 3- With its astounding popularity, both critically and commercially, this will be one of the defining if not the defining game of this generation. This game is a true system seller that I believe will jump the Playstation 3 ahead of the Xbox 360 in 2010. This will be a gaming experience unlike any other and I can't wait to play it. When it's all said and done this game will be no less than the greatest game of 2010.
Thank you for reading my post and feel free to comment on what you think will be the top 10 games of 2010, maybe you'll catch a few games that I might have missed. Anyways I think it will be a great year, one for the ages and in closing, "You stay Classy Gameinformer.com."