The lights are on
A man in Olathe, Kansas escaping his burning home decided to turn around, re-enter and retrieve his Xbox.
The report from ABC 15 does not clarify if it was an Xbox, an Xbox 360, or an Xbox One. He suffered some smoke inhalation, but otherwise paramedics say he was fine. Apparently, the fire was caused by a malfunctioning electrical box and more than $80,000 in damages occurred as a result.
[Source: ABC 15]
Our TakeI could say this guy is crazy, but realistically after my family, cats, and laptop, my video game consoles would probably be next on the list of things I might be willing to enter a burning building to save. It depends on the severity of the fire. It's important to think ahead about these things.
Email the author Kyle Hilliard, or follow on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, and Game Informer.