The lights are on
A lot has happened in the world of gaming since our last Reader Mailbag podcast – we've got new systems on the horizon and a ton of great games coming out this fall. If you'd like to ask a question of the GI podcast crew, just leave it in the comments section below. We will answer as many of the sensible (and not-so-sensible) questions as we can.
Email the author Matt Helgeson, or follow on Twitter, and Game Informer.
Have any of you played the new Killer Instinct yet? I loved the old arcade games and their SNES AND N64 counterparts and think that the new one looks like a lot of fun. If you have played it, any thoughts?
Hi, GI I was wondering what do you guys think about the Playstation 3 and X-box 360? What will become of those consoles? Will developers just leave them behind and stop making games? What are gamer's to do if they can't afford a new generation console?
Since we are on the brink of new generation storming onto the market, what are your guys picks for what will be the most successful? The Playstion 4 or the X-box 1?
-What's your favorite story or experience about/with a coworker?
-Do you think the next generation will be dominated by new IP or sequels?
-If there is one character from any game that you could b*tch-slap and get away with it, who would it be?
1. Who among you prefers Sony systems above all else? Microsoft? Nintendo? Other?
2. Why is Dan Ryckert's laugh always such a malicious cackle?
3. In light of the recent Deus Ex vs. Jailbroken Devices fiasco, do any of you jailbreak for your mobile games? Torrent?
4. How does Ben Hanson feel about his extensive list of community-appointed nicknames?
5. Do you ever feel obligated to support certain games after meeting with developers/publishers who were particularly pleasant during interviews?
6. Will we ever see a Bens vs. Matts vs. Andrews vs. Jeffs gaming battle in the office? Perhaps a special feature on Super Replay, or even for the Showdown?
7. Will you continue to play mainly on your current gen systems post-next gen release, or do you think there is enough new content being offered on the PS4, Xbox One (still 720 to me), and Wii U this holiday season that you'll be able to move on and turn most of your gaming towards the future?
8. Will Jeff Marchiafava record a work out video, a la Tae Bo, for me? Preferably in a Batman costume.
9. We want more Street Comedy! Seriously, just give Ben Reeves a mic and let him loose. SDCC would be a good place to start.
Given the lack of space limitations on the website versus in the printed magazine, does anyone ever want to write anything more long-form? Or do already tight work loads mean that anything too long to fit in print is simply not worth the time and effort?
Will any new, next gen baseball game ever be as good as Tommy Lasorda's Baseball for the Sega Genesis?
I played that game for HUNDREDS of hours and I'm not even a sports game fan!
You are stuck on a island with only one game to play what would it be.
Why does Joe Juba suck so much?
Where do you see music/rhythm games heading in the future now that the Guitar Hero/Rock Band trend is dead? Do you think they'll lean toward a casual, experimental approach similar to the upcoming Fantasia game or something completely different?
It's is for all you guys :) what is your favourite game series ?? E,G, Star Fox, Mass Effect, Mario etc .. ?
Got another question, for those of you who like Mass Effect (mainly Reiner ;)) where would you like to see the series go in ME4, what would you guys like to see happen ??
What is the best game you ever played (best story, gameplay,etc.) and which games are you looking forward on playing ?
What do you expect to see within the upcoming generation game wise and what would you like to see?
On a scale of 1-100, How awesome are you guys?