The lights are on
[Update: Thanks to all who submitted questions! Listen to the podcast to see if yours was chosen.]
You've read the cover story. You've followed our online coverage. Now is your chance to ask the creators of Arkham Origins your questions.
Members of the Warner Bros. Games Montreal development team are scheduled to appear on an upcoming special edition podcast. Is there something you're still curious about? Post a comment below and we could ask it on air. Your username will be called out so you'll get credit for being incisive.
Go ahead and let loose!
Email the author Bryan Vore, or follow on Twitter, and Game Informer.
Could I play as anyone else like in Arkham City in a DLC?
Will there be a new game plus like in Arkham City? WIll there be different costumes for Batman?
We have heard that "Your enemies will define you". So, how will this Batman define his enemy's?
Specifications on the rumored MP mode would be nice. Also, more details about the leveling system as well as the new challenge mode.
Is there a reason why the game is not releasing on next gen consoles?
Ok, well I got a boatload of questions. I would appreciate if anyone can answer these questions for me.
1. Are u going to keep Arkham's dark and gritty atmosphere or will it be a bit more lighthearted?
2. Who is going to voice Batman?
3. Since this is a prelude will some heroes/villains revert back to there older comic book costumes? In what ways will the artistic style be different from AC and AA?
4. Is there going to be multiplayer in Arkham Origins? If yes, is it a cooperative multiplayer or competitive? Also if yes what is your reasoning behind making a multiplayer mode in a single player only series?
5. Will Batman be the only playable character?
6. Is Catwoman in the game?
7. What sort of collectibles are there? Will Riddler once again scatter all his trophies across the game map? In AC getting all the Riddler's trophies/challenges unlocked a large amount of backstory, character models, challenge maps, and concept art. Will Origins have a similar reward system for finding all the collectibles?
Will there be a demo version on the PC?
In most games, when you enter a restroom area you can interact with the toilets. Usually you can at least flush, in Fallout you can actually DRINK the water. WOW! Is there a chance we will finally get the sweet release of interacting with the toilets of the Arkhamverse? Please and thank you!!!
What will batman's weapons be like?
Will Origins be pre or post The Long Halloween?
Will Batman encounter Joker during the game? Possibly as Red Hood, prior to becoming Joker? I think that would work well for an origin story
How versatile will the combat, exploration, environments, and weapons be given that the game is about Batman's origins before he became the hero we know him as today? Will Batman: Arkham Origins be the best Batman or Arkham game ever or to date? Maybe both? How long can I expect the story to be because I like playing games with very long stories that immerse me as a gamer? Will there be any unsung villains besides Black Mask that are only known to DC Comics fans and any heroes besides Batman appearing in the game? How dark will the game be compared to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City? If the game goes beyond expectations commercially and critically, will there be a direct sequel to it or none is planned at the moment? What are your biggest influences on the game besides the DC Comics and the other Arkham games? Is the game in any way related to what Rocksteady is doing?
If the Court of Owls is featured, could we see a segment in the Labyrinth of Owls under Gotham like the one in the comics? If so, would only one Talon be featured or a whole Talon army like Night of the Owls?
Who will be voicing batman?
Who will be voicing joker?
Will there be a lot of playable characters? Maybe with their own side stories or quest lines? Even heroes and villains???
What will separate this game for being just like the other Arkham games, making it unique???