The lights are on
BioWare today outlined its plan to bring fans closure to the ending of Mass Effect 3. The studio said the DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.
A new FAQ was posted along with today's announcement that hopefully clears up any questions for fans. "Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3," BioWare said.
"The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard’s story."
Additionally, BioWare said it "strongly believes in the team’s artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise."
The extended ending DLC is free and out this summer.
great game. crappy ending. dont see why they cant make another ending or multipule ones. fall out 3 did...original ending was you die from radiation. DLC...your alive!!! yay.. for anyone who didnt get the dlc..your still dead..i dont see an issue with changing or adding a DLC for another ending.
They need to make up their mind...
I'm with wahman and drunkpandainc, I was not angry with the ending. If anything I was indifferent they did what just about every JRPG Sci-fi film and space opera did, wanting to leave you to think. However it fell flat on it's face doing so didn't make me want to protest. However with doing this from a business standpoint thy are missing out on a ton of money. I know the evil EA is going to be making money off us despite the fact they should have had a more conclusive ending in the first place but honestly you can say over the internet you are not going to buy it but you would. Unless of course you already traded it in and made it a used game nice way to say screw you EA, good luck on that war on used games:)
Mass Effect 3 as a whole was a waste of time and horribly made. The story was good yes but no matter what choices you made in the first 2 games you do the same stuff in the third. Pick Anderson to be on the council? Oh Udina is there for storyline purposes. Killed the Rachni Queen in ME1? Oh the Reapers found an egg and still made their monsters. At the end of Mass Effect 3, you start to realize that really none of the choices you made over the course of 3 games changed anything whatsoever. Mass Effect 3 was a disappointment to me as an age-old Bioware fan. I will not be investing in Dragon Age 3 or any other Bioware game because of the horrid story-telling of this game with no explanation for anything whatsoever and the atrocity that was Dragon Age 2. EA isn't to blame. They simply sped up the process to a downfall that is overdue.
And people will still complain, and they'll complain, and they'll complain some more. Then, a new game will come out, and people won't care anymore.
Actually for me and a lot of my friends this is all we ever wanted. Sure I felt that maybe the ending was a little bit of re-hashing of the same cinematics... but at the same time I also feel strongly that BioWare is an INCREDIBLE company who's artistic expression to make compelling story lines and amazing imagery were epitomized in ME3. They did an amazing job with the game as a whole! All I really wanted was to know what happened to everyone; all the characters I grew to genuinely care for. Garrus, Ashley, Joker and EDI? What happened to them? What happened to all the races now cut off from each other but simultaneously having to co-habitate with one another? I'm betting this DLC will show just that, and I for one will be a happy customer.
I love it when they dont explain the little child in your dreams... Then create that image to be the catalyst. >.>
This game is over-hyped and didnt deserve a ten. 9.50 is fair enough. It was good dont get me wrong but it lacked that smooth movement and proper story telling to me. I got sick of running straight down a hall to have my character jump to the nearest cover like the wall was a vacuum. Sad to say but I enjoy Army of Two more than this game. Both 3rd person shooters and you even get morale in it. Sheeet in Army of Two you even get rewarded and stuff for being good. Sorry for the fanboys but Bioware choked
Enslaved had a better ending. Just sayin -.-
This is cool I guess? I'm not sure. I kind of like it being left to imagination.
This is a make or break for bioware, if they dont do this right they might lose over half their fanbase. They think that bs of an ending was artistic? You gotta be kidding ive seen seseme street episodes with more artistic value than that!
In my own opinion I think Bioware did a great job on mass effect 3 I mean I'll agree that they messed up in some places of the game when it comes down to the choices you made in the other mass effect games and how they effect #3 and also the ending not giving us the closure we wish we had but other then that id say the mass effet trilogy is far most one of the greats trilogys to be created and I hope they start another mass effect trilogy when there done with the the new dragon age games
****** Spoiler Alert ******
(excerpt from my review on GameInformer at http://tinyurl.com/myME3review )
Games like Mass Effect 3 are highly dynamic interactive commercial software with artistic elements, not static works of art. If over 50,000 users of a software application that paid $60 to $80 of their hard earned money were dissatisfied with the product and publicly made clear eloquent arguments about what they don't like about the product, and if there was irrefutable evidence that the product fails to meet the advertised features, it would be in best interest of the company selling the product to fix the problems as quickly as possible in a way that was satisfactory to the majority of unhappy customers. That's the current situation with Mass Effect 3.
This is my wish list of things that can vastly improve Mass Effect 3 :
1. Add a final mission for an epic battle between Harbinger and the military might of all the assets commander Sheppard gathered. Give Shepard a real chance to be the hero, let him fight and kill more reapers in a new creative ways, not with space magic. The crucible should be more like a giant gun and less of a magical device.
2. Give Shepard a chance for happiness; it can be one of several choices. If you have accumulated every possible war asset, have 100% military readiness, and over 7,000 in effective military strength, enable Shepard to get a hero's parade on earth after defeating the reapers and a well-deserved vacation with his friends that survived all three games. If Shepard goes into the final mission with insufficient assets, let him die fighting like a hero not being controlled like a puppet.
3. For fans that still prefer the indoctrination ending, keep it, but provide some clarification to make it a credible outcome. Also give Shepard a true chance to fight it and still achieve the ultimate happy ending, if the player choses to make the effort.
4. Provide an epilogue that shows what happens to each of the most important characters that we have come to admire and love.
5. Let us fight Illusive Man since he is an indoctrinated puppet just like Saren and should be able to put up a good fight. For a bitter enemy that my Shepard despised, it was a lost opportunity for an epic battle. If the indoctrinated husk of any civilian can put up a fight, why can't TIM?
6. Get rid of the teleport beam to the Citadel; it's too much like the conduit in Mass Effect 1. This would be an excellent spot to insert an epic final battle, something that will be remembered for the ages as a shining example of the Mass Effect trilogy. This was already achieved in the epic battles in Tuchanka and Rannoch. Take it to another level of epic gameplay, show us fans what you can do while finding a better more creative way to get inside the Citadel. Up to this point in the game, my adrenaline was through the roof; it all goes downhill from the race to the beam, in more ways than one.
7. Replace at least some of the boring planet scanning fetch quests with missions letting you land on the planets and use either the Mako, the Hammerhead, or alternate between the two depending on the planet's terrain. The missions could enable you explore the area with in the vehicle, including some vehicular combat like in ME1 and 2, and when you get close enough to the intended destination continue exploring and fighting on foot with your squad until you achieve the objective. This would add some variety to missions and make galactic exploration more fun. The explanations for not using the shuttle to fly in could be that the area has too many anti-aircraft defenses or that there is too much interference and low visibility to fly safely.
8. Give us back the ability to holster Shepard's equipped weapon. Shepard shouldn't be forced to point her gun at allies. Also when you holstered your gun in ME 1 and ME 2, it was possible to better appreciate the beautiful environments in the game and see how cool your armor looks from every angle.
9. Fix the quest journal bugs, provide more details for each quest showing the stages that are completed and the ones that still pending, and give us back the journal hotkey.
10. Give Shepard a chance to take an active role in at least one space battle, get creative with it.
Implementing just the top 3 items, would undisputedly provide at least 3 truly distinct endings and add a massive amount of replay value to a series I adore. Implementing all 10 could make the game the best RPG of all time, but this is just my personal wish list.
I love Mass Effect and want it to be remembered in the best possible way. I want it to have replay value as a complete series, because it is the best science fiction interactive entertainment series in the market. There is nothing wrong with improving a product. BioWare doesn't owe it to fans to change Mass Effect 3; they owe it to themselves, after all the hard work they have put in to the series.
I loved ME3 and the ending. But even i felt that the game could have more closure. I was really confused with some of the things that happened in the end and I hope that Bioware will answer some of those questions at the upcoming DLC.
So what happened to Miranda and grunt and the crew that ended up living until the last battle