The lights are on
Game companies and studios love April Fools' Day. It's the one time of the year we get to see creative juices flow in other areas. Over the course of the day we'll be updating this post with all the pranks and jokes that are (hopefully) fake.
Feel free to post any jokes you see in the comments below or send us a news tip.
Assassin's Creed for Kinect Announced!
Saints Row: The Third – Enter The Dominatrix
THQ Inc and Volition, Inc. are proud to announce the development of Saints Row: The Third – Enter The Dominatrix, the groundbreaking standalone expansion to Saints Row: The Third.
Features of Enter The Dominatrix include:
- The Dominatrix Has You: And it feels so good. Bend the Dominatrix to your will and harness an arsenal of super powers including Mind-Bending Telekinesis, Really Really High Jump, Really Really Fast Sprint, Shiny Blue Force Shield, and Shiny Blue Fireball Projectile-of-Doom.
- Wondrous Alien Technology: Use Dominatrix weapons as your own, such as the Floppy Alien Tentacle Bat, the Fire-In-The-Sky Alien Abduction Ray, and the ***-stretching Alien Anal Probe, as well as a touch-screen telephonic device with email and map functionality. Reach out and f$%# someone.
- Go Three Levels Deep: Enter the Dominatrix within the Dominatrix within the Dominatrix to recruit former Saints from the depths of your own memory to fight Zinyak. It’s all science, with just a little fiction.
Will you defeat Zinyak and his invasion armada? Will you escape from virtual reality to rule Steelport once more? Will any of this make any sense? The answers you seek can only be found inside the Dominatrix. So enter it.
Valve Announces Ricochet 2
Square Enix Reveals Chocolate Dimension in Quantum Conundrum
Square Enix Inc. the publisher of SquarE Enix interactive entertainment products in the Americas, and developer Airtight Games today revealed that they’ve been able to fold another dimension into the first person environmental puzzle game Quantum Conundrum. This time, however, instead of harnessing the laws of physics, the new dimension will manipulate the fundamental laws of chemistry.
In chocolate dimension, players will have new options available as they work their way through Quadwrangle Manor:
· Devour your way through obstacles!
· Melt-down and re-solidify objects!
· Stick to the floor, the walls, & the ceiling!
· Discover all-new (chocolate) Easter eggs!
“People are probably wondering, ‘Chocolate dimension? What’s that all about?’,” said Kim Swift, creative director at Airtight Games. “Chocolate is fun! Chocolate has all sorts of amazing properties! Who doesn’t love chocolate? And besides that, it looks a lot more appetizing than hummus dimension.”
Players will get their first taste of chocolate dimension when the game launches later this summer.
Blizzard Announces Supply Depot 2
Blizzard Store - Battle.net Neural Interface
Blizzard Kidzz Announced
Experience the Exciting World of Viniculture in SEGA’s New “Virtua Vineyard”
SEGA Bass Fishing of the Dead
Ska Studios Acquired by Twisted Pixel
Think Geek Minecraft Creeps
8-Bit Google Maps
The New Game from Harmonix REVEALED!
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Live The Ship Droid Experience
Introducing the Razer SnakeEyes
Riot Games Presents 3D Mode!
IGN has a Mass Effect Saturday morning cartoon trailer, and 1up has a Nintendo Dubstep Rhythm game for 3DS trailer
I seriously wish those creeps were real. I would buy a truckload.
And they should fill them with pop rocks!
Also saw a Diablo 3 for wii announcement haha
Bass Fishing of the Dead actually looks really fun.
Guild Wars 2 April Fools interview.
i checked the ricochet 2 thing, and it looks like you CAN pre-purchse it o.O
definitely not for Wii. hahahah
The Assassins Creed one is great lol
sega bass fishing looks cool and assasins creed for wii GENIUS!!!!!!
8-Bit Google Maps: "Blow on the cartridge to fix bugs." lol
Thanks this is great! I really want those Snake Eyes, they'll go perfectly with my futuristic look.
I would so buy the Assassin's creed one!
That Assassin's Creed thing was hilarious.
yea assassins creed finally a game that i could use my kinect and my blade at the same time.
I would love Assassin's Creed for Kinect!
Haha... good stuff!
I know it's not REALLY related to gaming, nor do I believe it was an April's Fools joke, but I just had to mention that [Adult Swim], on April 1st, brought Toonami back. I'm relatively sure that it's a Cartoon Network 20th Anniversary thing, and that it'll be back next week too. But man; for a whole bunch of gamers in their 20s now, the return of Toonami is monumental.
Also, Tom reviewed Mass Effect 3. Gaming.