The lights are on
You've read our cover story on The Last of Us. You've followed our month-long online coverage. Now's your chance to ask the creative minds behind the game your burning questions.
We'll be recording a podcast with creative director Neil Druckmann (on the right) and (possibly) game director Bruce Straley very soon and you, the readers, get to ask all of the questions. Leave yours in the comments below and we'll try to get to as many as we can.
So what do you want to know about The Last of Us?
Email the author Bryan Vore, or follow on Twitter, and Game Informer.
How do you believe that The Last Of Us will remain a unique experience in a market that is quite saturated, or even oversaturated, with post-apocalyptic themed games?
can I be featured in a DLC or something???I'd love to be like a bad ass boss running the underground world...or something.
What kind of collectibles are going to be in the game?
Can Joel and Ellie get infected like the plant creatures in the game. And will there be set-piece moments like in the Uncharted Trilogy
While I respect your team very much with the number of high quality titles you have created, what exactly is the distinguishing factor between the last of us and a game such as Dead island? While I'm expecting a much higher quality of a game than dead island from your team, why exactly did you decide to pick this type of genre, with all the possibilities of different types of genres that you could have chosen to do?
Will the last of us any links to uncharted? will it have camoes? or connections to the charactors? Will it play like uncharted?
are there any easter eggs we can look forward to i.e., references to other games? and also i know that this might be revealing too much of the story but if the characters have been surviving for X amount of time where does this "story" take us? will we see a resolution to infected and the whole wasteland scene in this game or is it a more constant fight for survival?
In the magazine you talked about the fact that you could kill someone with one gunshot. Is that killshot to anywhere on the body or only the torso and head? It would be pretty weird to shoot someone in the hand and have them die.
If any of my questions get asked you can credit me as Michael Wickenhauser instead of wickemic.
1) Will there be a robust side missions similar to an open world game or can we expect more of a guided story similar to a first person shooter where you're always moving to the next objective?
2) Will there be a new game plus? I'm assuming there will be some unlockables and I think the combat would be fun playing through a second, third, fourth, etc. time with end game weapons or plentiful ammo.
3) Is there any plan for a competitive multiplayer where humans can face off against infected? Or where non-military can go against military?
4) Since co-op isn't planned, is there a possibility that it could eventually either be patched in or possibly made into paid DLC?
5) On that note, is there any plan for DLC similar to Mass Effect where side missions or smaller extra story missions could be added to flesh out the backstory or go into further detail into the main story? I'm thinking of something such as playable missions from when the infection started or post-story DLC missions to show what happens after the events of the game or even mission from the perspectives of other characters in the world as the events are unfolding.
Here's to hoping at least one of these gets picked!
What are you most excited about in this game?
Basically, besides the engine tweaks, how is the game different from Uncharted? Open world, co-op, leveling/rpg elements, and upgrade system, plot-changing decisions, etc?
will the game be a sandbox type game like gta or dead island
Is there any chance you guys are willing to hire me despite not having any knowledge in how to create a video game at all? Please?
Will there be multiplayer and a seperate co-op?
Also, is it possible to put Nathan Drake in this game somewhere?
Is the overall story of The Last Of Us very dark, or does it include some lighter elements?
will there be in game treasures like uncharted that unlock new bonuses like concept art
What kind of scenarios are we going to see in The Last of Us?
Uncharted 4? =)
Are melee weapons going to be a substantial part of this game? I'm assuming it wont be used on a Left 4 Dead-esque level, but I can imangine using melee weapons in the situations presebted by the trailer. Love Uncharted, love what you guys at Naughty Dog do, but please give us xbox gamers a chance!