The lights are on
Animal Crossing: New Leaf has been out for almost two months, but its nearly endless replay value still has fans hooked. If you're tired of shaking trees and selling fruit in an effort to afford that next house upgrade, you can stop now. Follow this guide to be raking in the bells in no time at all.
First, start the Bell Boom. As mayor of your town, you've probably already set one of the ordinance options. In order to get the most value out of your beetles, make sure that Bell Boom is the currently selected ordinance. This will net you more bells for everything you sell.
Head to Kapp'n at night (between 7pm and 6am is a good bet) and pony up the 1,000 bells needed to sail to the island. Don't worry about the fee, as you're going to get it back several hundredfold.
Grab your gear. Lloid hangs out near the entrance, and will lend you anything you need. You'll want to grab your net and fishing rod every time, but you'll also need a shovel and axe if it's your first time, as you'll need to...
Groom your island. The rarest (and most valuable) beetles appear only on the palm trees that grow in the sand, so you should cut down and dig up any trees on the grassy area. Some beetle hunters like to keep them to grab the occasional rainbow stag or giant stag, but they're rare when compared to the useless fruit beetles and miyama stags that tend to grow here.
Continue on to see how to optimize your island.
Email the author Dan Ryckert, or follow on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, and Game Informer.
Thanks! This is exactly what I needed!
Verified. Already been doing this, except for the replanting portion.
I've already been only catching those beetles, but ,thanks to this, it will be easier!
If the stores are closed, I have not found reason to empty the box on the dock. My stuff has always been there the following day. I also utilized this basic idea to easily win the bug-off this previous Saturday. Just pick a bunch of super-rare bugs the night before and run them over to Nat the next day from the box in ascending order.
I really need to get this game at some point.
Nice wrestling attire there, Dan
Thanks for tips, Dan! It really is a great game.
Thanks for the tips, Dan! I just love Animal Crossing: New Leaf. It is so much fun and so addictive! Anybody who is thinking of buying it, BUY IT! Anybody who wants to buy it but in the distant future, BUY IT NOW!
Great tips, I can't wait to play this with my friends!!!
A few tips:
1) If you want to know how many palm trees to leave on the island. 3 palm trees at both sides of the top of the island for a total of 6 should do.
2) The Goliath beetle isn't worth it when compared to the other palm tree stags. IMO it's just better to let these go if you want to maximize profit. Thankfully these aren't that common so you won't find that many anyway.
3) The Ocean sunfish(has shark shadow) isn't worth it either, even the Goliath beetle has a better price than this one.
4) if you want a sure way to get close without scaring the stags away do de 1 step approach, that is go into stalk mode move forward until you hear 1 step on the ground(2 character steps) then stop then another step and so on.
5) I still need more confirmation but it seems Golden stags have a higher spawn probability from 5:00, 5:30pm to 7:00pm. The spawn of palm stags is slower overall but one time I got almost a 50% spawn of Golden beetles vs all other palm stags. Yes that's 1 golden stag for every 2 catches,
6) When you're scanning the palm trees stay in the grass area 1 space away from the border, that way you won't scare unseen golden stags which are very skittish. Also remember to scare all the other bugs and go to the bottom of the island to reset the spawn at the top of the island.
This helped a lot! Thank you!!
I do the same thing when catching fish. Its easier to do by listening to the cue
Doing this now